Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can't buy things at the itunes store... It gives me an error -50 when I try. I did a little research and found that in the past it was caused by a network problem where the network interface wasn't en0... (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... opic=60396) The solution was to delete some networkpreferences.plist... However the solustion was from 2007 and may not apply now. Is there something that I am missing? Is anyone else having this problem? Is it at all related to using a hackintosh? Thanks. I've got a very standard setup p55m-ud2 thanks to tonymacx86 and I love it. Thanks to all.

-Ben

bdunshee said:
I can't buy things at the itunes store... It gives me an error -50 when I try. I did a little research and found that in the past it was caused by a network problem where the network interface wasn't en0... (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... opic=60396) The solution was to delete some networkpreferences.plist... However the solustion was from 2007 and may not apply now. Is there something that I am missing? Is anyone else having this problem? Is it at all related to using a hackintosh? Thanks. I've got a very standard setup p55m-ud2 thanks to tonymacx86 and I love it. Thanks to all.

-Ben

If your ethernet is not labeled en0 in Network in the System Preferences, there are all sorts of issues with the built-in OS X apps. Best thing to do would be to go into System Preferences under Network, and delete the ethernet connection that was created by default. Then click the tiny + sign in the lower left and re-add the ethernet connection.

If it's not labeled en0 after that... try adding this to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Good luck!

If your ethernet is not labeled en0 in Network in the System Preferences, there are all sorts of issues with the built-in OS X apps. Best thing to do would be to go into System Preferences under Network, and delete the ethernet connection that was created by default. Then click the tiny + sign in the lower left and re-add the ethernet connection.

If it's not labeled en0 after that... try adding this to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks... I'm on the right track now, but missing something.

I changed the plist and it renamed the ethernet port to "Ethernet" when re-adding it in network preferences, but it still considers it en2 in system profiler...
I'll keep hacking at it, but anyone's suggestions would be appreciated.

Screen shot 2010-03-28 at 11.36.59 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-28 at 11.36.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-28 at 11.36.59 PM.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 322
Re: itunes error -50 at the itunes store... (Victory!!)

Success!!!

I had to reset my network interfaces... en0 was likely used when I was first setting up my hackintosh and the ethernet kext wasn't installed yet...

This reset my interfaces....
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

(learned from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=173349)

After a restart and changing the control panels it all works and I updated my ipod touch.

Thanks.

Hope this helps someone else.

A big thank you.

I have been having bonjour problems for months with a couple of machines, basically could do everything but file sharing. Using the terminal command to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist appears to have fixed things. System profiler now shows that I am using EN0 instead of EN2.

This thread saved my life!

Last night I decided to update the BIOS of my GA-P55M-UD2 from F5 to F10. My main goal was to get sleep working, so I also replaced my DSDT.aml with the one tony supplied.

After rebooting, all my hardware was not compatible with my 10.6.2 installation. I proceeded to repair my /E/E extensions (once again) and rebooted, graphics and sound was fixed but USB drives were showing different icons (yellow instead of grey) and my iPhone wouldn't charge when plugged into my Apple keyboard like usual.

So I used multibeast to install the Gigabeast for my mobo, along with the USB kexts. After rebooting, everything was back to normal again.

Except, iTunes would not sync with my iPhone, or download any apps from iTunes Store. It kept giving me the -50 error, no matter what I did. It was also asking me to "Authorize" my computer again, which made no sense.

After looking around a lot and trying different things, I finally found this thread (by luck, really. it was #8 from the top of my google results).

After following the instructions here to reset my network preferences with that sudo rm command, rebooting, then reinstalling my wireless card drivers, iTunes syncs again!

:headbang:

I had no idea that the Mac and iTunes was so very dependant on something seemingly as insignificant as network settings. But ya learn something everyday dont you?

Anyway thanks guys, I really appreciate you. :thumbup:

I have an simular problem.
I can sync and download apps, but I see next to programs that 20apps need update, but then I click the update button, I get the message that none apps need updating.

Synced all to my iPhone, iPhone finds all the 20 updates...

No one has any idea?
:(

Re: itunes error -50 at the itunes store... (Victory!!)

bdunshee said:
Success!!!

I had to reset my network interfaces... en0 was likely used when I was first setting up my hackintosh and the ethernet kext wasn't installed yet...

This reset my interfaces....
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

(learned from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=173349)

After a restart and changing the control panels it all works and I updated my ipod touch.

Thanks.

Hope this helps someone else.

Worked for me. Thanks!.

Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back