Contribute
Register

[HALF-SUCCESS] iTunes 12.7 constantly crashing (random messages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? I just updated them all to 1.2.0, but definitely still seeing iTunes crashing whenever I try to playback DRM content (or even iTunes Radio). With Shiki enabled, it always crashes, but with it disabled, it doesn't.

UPDATE: Repairing permissions as mentioned above seems to have fixed it! DRM video is still a colorful mess, but no crashes!
Are you using any custom boot flags?

Using the latest kexts and still crash.

Are you using any custom boot flags?

Using the latest kexts and still crash.

I'm using the shikivga=12 boot flag, but unfortunately the crashing is back for me again, after I rebooted again. I'm starting to feel like it's very sporadic/random, per session.

I figured out a temporary fix/workaround for this issue. I can reproduce it 100% of the time.

1. killall -9 com.apple.iTunesLibraryService
  2. sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
  3. Start iTunes and it's 100% stable
  4. Completely close and reopen iTunes and it's crashing again, until you run the steps 1-3 again

I have the same problem
After a few test, I found that this issue may disappear if disable internal graphics.
Disabling "change HECI to IMEI" from DSDT in clover also temporarily solves this problem, but hardware acceleration malfunctioned after sleep and wake.

Is there any alternative to "HECI to IMEI" ?

already update to the latest lilu and other related plugins.

Last edited:
Since updating to H Sierra this problem has been plaguing me for weeks - This is what worked for me with a GeForce GTX 750Ti card.
1. After a clean install of HS, download and run the latest Nvidia Driver DO NOT restart when instructed to.

2. Go to the 'Other' folder in the EFI partition and place these kexts: - latest versions of Lilu.kext, Shiki.Kext and Nvidia GraphicsFixUp.Kext and then reboot.

3.Before the machine gets to the Clover Boot Menu, go into the pc's BIOS and enable the Integrated Graphics (this gives the machine the ability to play iTunes movies only after downloaded from iCloud, so in actual fact you'll be starting with the two Graphics in tandem.

4.Now boot to Clover menu and hopefully you've reached the Desktop with full Graphic Acceleration. At this point if you haven't already, go to the section how to reset Reset DRM Configuration.

At this point if done as instructed, you should be able to play you movie collection in iTune Library, if you find iTune crashes, boot back into the BIOS and disable Integrated Graphics, save and reboot.
I have tested this method over and over again and I can play my movie collection with no crashes. Any changes in my situation, I will report back.

Side Note - use the attached File to test 'VDA Decoding' it should return no errors. Disabling Integrated Graphics after, it will return with errors but will not affect playing movies in iTunes. Good luck.

Attachments

• VDADecoderCheckerSierra.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 108
@VioletDragon do you also get thoise iTunes Crashes ? please?
If not we know that it has to do with not properly set up graphics (like mine) :)

Issue, iTune Music (especially switch between Artists, Albums, Songs from Library) and DRM Trailers playback crashes (sometimes).

Replace AppleGVA.framework from 10.13.1 beta 2 seems to be helpful, AppleGVA.framework build version 85 (10.13 is 45), it work for my Asrock H110m itx-ac + HD510 + AMD HD6450, offline VDADecoder and iTune work properly, do not know it will also work with NV GPU or not.

After AppleGVA.framework replaced, reboot with -shikioff,

sudo su
cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework
chmod -R 755 AppleGVA.framework
update_dyld_shared_cache -force
reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back