Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Issues while creating Installation USB for macOS Catalina on MacBook Air with macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S
CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Previously I have installed macOS Mojave and High Sierra from this Installation guide, so I am fairly used to tonymacx86 guide and installation process.

But this time around I need help creating Installation USB for macOS Catalina using Macbook Air which has macOS Catalina 10.15.3

I have already downloaded macOS Catalina from App Store, Unibeast ver10.3.0 and Multibeast ver12.3.0 from installation guide for Catalina.

But this time around Unibeast version doesn't detects downloaded macOS Catalina for simplicity I have placed both Unibeast ver10.3.0 and macOS Catalina.App in same folder. Also created relevant dmg but still no Success!

The only thing i haven't tried is disabling csrutil before running Unibeast ver10.3.0, didn't wanted to do it as the Macbook Air is company laptop.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have placed both Unibeast ver10.3.0 and macOS Catalina.App in same folder.

When you download the installer from the App Store it is placed in /Applications so that is where UniBeast expects to find it, if you put it anywhere else then UniBeast will be unable to guess where you hid it.

When you download the installer from the App Store it is placed in /Applications so that is where UniBeast expects to find it, if you put it anywhere else then UniBeast will be unable to guess where you hid it.
Yes Installer is placed in both /Applications as well as in Downloads Folder as Unibeast is downloaded in /Downloads Folder.

I am suspecting disabling csrutil is crucial for creating Installation USB Stick on host macOS Catalina, but couldn't find any justification to disable it.

Thanks.

I am suspecting disabling csrutil is crucial for creating Installation USB Stick on host macOS Catalina, but couldn't find any justification to disable it.

Installation Guide said:
STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast
Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Follow each step to the letter.
  1. If you are using a Mac running macOS Catalina that has System Integrity Protection (SIP) enabled, you must disable it using the following steps:
    1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Before macOS starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
    3. From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
    4. At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return:
      Code:
      csrutil disable
    5. Terminal should display a message that SIP was disabled.
    6. From the  menu, select Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back