Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I have been running a hackintosh for the past two and a half years. Started with Sierra, then upgraded to High Sierra, and then Mojave without any issues. I went to upgrade to Catalina the other night and the install failed and resulting in an inoperable install. So now I am working on a reinstall and can not seem to get things installed.

First the Apple progress bar would jump to the ~80% complete, ,then it wouldn't move. I got to the installer once and reformatted the M.2 SSD, the install didn't complete. I have tried moving back to High Sierra install and now Mojave. The progress bar on both got to the end but never get to the installation GUI.

I am using the appropriate unibeast for each attempt and getting no where. Bit frustrating since it has been working for the past 2.5 years. The only difference atm is I am trying to install on the Samsung EVO M.2 SSD drive that I had Windows on before. OSX was installed on a Samsung EVO SATA SSD. I took it out to salvage all the data and apps just in case the backup isn't complete. Could this be the issue? I have double checked every BIOS setting. Gone over several of the install guides and troubleshooting and nothing is jumping out. I am Using UEFI for Unibeast and didn't have anything injected since I am using a newer Radeon RX580. I noticed the newer Installer doesn't have the USBInjectAll kext and a couple others . I am assuming that is just included in the OS?

Any pointers would be appreciated. Wife is anxious to get back on the computer, since it is her main desktop.

MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
i3-8100
16GB Corsair Memor
Samsung EVO 512GB M.2
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD
ATI Radeon RX580

Last edited:
Man, this was so simple when I installed it on the same hardware it is on now. I had OS X on the SSD and Windows on the M.2. I was going to use this opportunity to swap them and put OS X on the M.2. Though I thought that may have been giving me an issue, so I put the 860 EVO 500G SSD back in . I was getting all the data off of it.

I have tried Unibeast with High Sierra now, Mojave, and Catalina. Running through verbose mode I get ACPI Exception: AE_BAD_PARAMETER. Could not install PciConfig handler for Root Bridge PCIO (20160930/evrgnini-340.

I was running on a little older BIOS and I updated it. The weird thing is That install, can't remember which flavor that time, as I have tried like 20 times and keeps hanging after a long time of no activity, anyway that next install I believe is the one that got to the OS X Installer to format the drive in APFS, but didn't get past the first reboot. Now they all hang at the initial progress bar. Just took out the WIFI card, that I don't use. have it wired

This is a screen shot of where it hangs in verbose mode. It gets to this point a lot quicker than when the progress bar goes 20-30 minutes to get to the end and then it just sits there.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 67
Ok, maybe related to one of the recent updates of OS X. I did a fresh install again and got failed to load NVRAM. I had updated the BIOS the other night trying to see if that would help. So maybe more related to that.

I added the ACPI fix : ACPI Patch - A00A9353 54415301 - A00A910A FF0BFFFF and it seems to be installing.

Hopefully, after finishing up MultiBeast it will be back in business. Going with Mojave atm, though, maybe I should do catalina with that Patch. Which is the whole reason I started all of this was to get her up to Catalina and stop all the update notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back