Graphics
geforce GT 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section but i don't find any other section for this problem, so if i'm wrong tell me and i'll create again the post in the right place or forum admins can move the topic itself

Let me explain my problem:

I have a packardbell M5860 Ixtreme desktop computer with the following specs ( this is a CPU-Z report i've made with all the possible specs written by the software)

Processor is an Itel I7-2600
Graphic Card: Nvidia GE-Force GT 530
MainBoard: Packardbell M5860 CHIPSET Intel Sandybridge, Southbridge Intel H67

(I paste a link beacuse it's so long! http://pastebin.com/J4DnuCh2 )

My issue is the following:

I've downloaded Osx MAvericks on my Macbook air 11 inches and "burned" it to an 8 gb Kingston USB drive with Unibeast.
The process went fine and at the end it said the installation was succesful

I've changed the settings of my BIOS to the following:

Intel Turbo Boost DISABLED
Configured SATA as AHCI
Boot Drive order i've set the removable usb drive as first
Hard disk boot priority i've set the usb drive as first and hdd with windows as second

When i plug in the usb (pc switched off) and the switch on the machine it simply loads windows, even tough at the bios i press F12 to enter boot order and select the usb drive

What's wrong?
How can i fix that?

Thanks in advance

(i've also tried putting multibeast too on the usb drive but doesn't work neither this way)

I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section but i don't find any other section for this problem, so if i'm wrong tell me and i'll create again the post in the right place or forum admins can move the topic itself

Let me explain my problem:

I have a packardbell M5860 Ixtreme desktop computer with the following specs ( this is a CPU-Z report i've made with all the possible specs written by the software)

Processor is an Itel I7-2600
Graphic Card: Nvidia GE-Force GT 530
MainBoard: Packardbell M5860 CHIPSET Intel Sandybridge, Southbridge Intel H67

(I paste a link beacuse it's so long! http://pastebin.com/J4DnuCh2 )

My issue is the following:

I've downloaded Osx MAvericks on my Macbook air 11 inches and "burned" it to an 8 gb Kingston USB drive with Unibeast.
The process went fine and at the end it said the installation was succesful

I've changed the settings of my BIOS to the following:

Intel Turbo Boost DISABLED
Configured SATA as AHCI
Boot Drive order i've set the removable usb drive as first
Hard disk boot priority i've set the usb drive as first and hdd with windows as second

When i plug in the usb (pc switched off) and the switch on the machine it simply loads windows, even tough at the bios i press F12 to enter boot order and select the usb drive

What's wrong?
How can i fix that?

Thanks in advance

(i've also tried putting multibeast too on the usb drive but doesn't work neither this way)

Well the first thing to do is to disconnect your hard drive and get the system to see and boot the USB Installer.
This may take resetting the BIOS to the optimized defaults and then resetting the SATA ports to AHCI and HPET to 64bit mode. There may also be a setting to boot USB devices which you would to enable.

Once you have it booting to the USB device, you should add in a fresh non-windows hard drive and proceed to the task of OS X installation. If you plan to dual boot Windows and OS X, it is highly recommended that you have each OS on its own drive.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back