Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B150M
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
I recently made a return to the Hackintosh scene. My first build was in 2012, and after a few custom PC builds, I'm finally back to Hackintoshing. In September (before the release of High Sierra), I starting working on an install on a new hard drive as a side project. I was really busy and set it aside until today where I finished it. I have everything up and running exactly as I want, and I was wondering if it's worth the trouble to upgrade to High Sierra. I have a real MacBook and didn't notice too much of a difference on there. Is it really worth all the trouble, or should I just stick to my stable Sierra build?

If all is going well with your machine, I seriously would not bother. I've just wasted a few hours trying and it is not so straight forward. I have shelved the idea for now. I too am running H Sierra on a Macbook Air. Just seems the same to me.

Last edited:
I recently made a return to the Hackintosh scene. My first build was in 2012, and after a few custom PC builds, I'm finally back to Hackintoshing. In September (before the release of High Sierra), I starting working on an install on a new hard drive as a side project. I was really busy and set it aside until today where I finished it. I have everything up and running exactly as I want, and I was wondering if it's worth the trouble to upgrade to High Sierra. I have a real MacBook and didn't notice too much of a difference on there. Is it really worth all the trouble, or should I just stick to my stable Sierra build?

If you already have everything up and running exactly as you want, why take the "risk" to upgrade when the result may not be what you want, particularly as you already noticed no big difference between the two? If I were you I won't even consider it at this moment.

I am running MacOS Sierra on my system and I have NO intention of installing High Sierra until much later. And when I eventually decide to install High Sierra it will be on an empty partition I have set aside, NOT the stable Sierra partition.

If you already have everything up and running exactly as you want, why take the "risk" to upgrade when the result may not be what you want, particularly as you already noticed no big difference between the two? If I were you I won't even consider it at this moment.

I am running MacOS Sierra on my system and I have NO intention of installing High Sierra until much later. And when I eventually decide to install High Sierra it will be on an empty partition I have set aside, NOT the stable Sierra partition.
Had a feeling that was the way to go. Thanks!

If you have KabyLake, yes, IMHO. UniBeast/MultiBeast makes it fairly simple and they have the High Sierra version so you don't have to upgrade from Sierra via the App Store, if you don't want to.

I would be carefull there is a shocking security flaw in high sierra and many other bugs... if this video is legit (
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back