Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I have owned a Macbook for the past few years and loved it, but it was time for me to get a better computer since I do a lot of video editing, audio recording, etc. So I built my own PC with the intention of using Windows 7 and Windows compatible programs to do my work. But now that I have it running I find myself longing for my old ways of Final Cut Pro X and Garageband. So I want to see about booting OSX alongside Windows on my new PC, but I'm not sure if my Motherboard is compatible. Everything else seems to be ok, here's the build:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 GPU
OCZ 600W Modular Power Supply
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
Standard Sony DVD R/RW Drive

Any way to make the ASRock Mobo work for this? Or should I just keep looking for new video editing software?

Ok, so I have owned a Macbook for the past few years and loved it, but it was time for me to get a better computer since I do a lot of video editing, audio recording, etc. So I built my own PC with the intention of using Windows 7 and Windows compatible programs to do my work. But now that I have it running I find myself longing for my old ways of Final Cut Pro X and Garageband. So I want to see about booting OSX alongside Windows on my new PC, but I'm not sure if my Motherboard is compatible. Everything else seems to be ok, here's the build:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 GPU
OCZ 600W Modular Power Supply
8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
Standard Sony DVD R/RW Drive

Any way to make the ASRock Mobo work for this? Or should I just keep looking for new video editing software?

Not sure about the ethernet on your motherboard.

If you want to try installing OSX you should get a second hard disk for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back