Contribute
Register

Is buying Fenvi T919 a good decision now?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 6600
Hello!
Hope you are doing well!!
I have been running my new HackMac for a couple of days. It's almost perfect and running very well.
I'm satisfied with the overall performance. The only issue I'm encountering is the Airdrop and other related features.
I need these features at some point as I have other Apple devices.
So I decided to buy Fenvi T919 for the native support but I'm a bit concerned as Apple stopped the support.
Should I go for it and use it with OCLP patching? or No?
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Note: I'm running Sonoma

Thanks all! Happy Hackintoshing:)

The short answer is no.

If the Apple continuity features provided by a Broadcom WiFi/BT card are important to your usage/work processes then running Ventura is the best option.

The short answer is no.

If the Apple continuity features provided by a Broadcom WiFi/BT card are important to your usage/work processes then running Ventura is the best option.
Thank you!
Got the answer
sorry to bother you but can I get the guide to dodowngrade to Ventura wihout loosing data.
I tried by updater app but it doesn’t allow me to do that.

I appreciate your time

There isn't a downgrade guide, for any version of macOS. Because Apple don't want or expect users to do that.

Best thing you can do is get another drive, clean install macOS Ventura on it. Your current EFI should work just fine.

If you have a Time Machine backup of your previous Ventura setup, you could try restoring that to the new drive.

I am not sure if Apple's Migration Assistant will allow you to restore apps and files etc. from a Sonoma drive to a Ventura drive.

You can definitely copy data from one drive to another, but not sure about copying the Apps etc. you may have to reinstall any Non-Apple (App Store) applications.

Maybe keep the Sonoma drive in the system, or close to hand for when a cleaner Broadcom WiFi/BT fix is available for Sonoma.

There isn't a downgrade guide, for any version of macOS. Because Apple don't want or expect users to do that.

Best thing you can do is get another drive, clean install macOS Ventura on it. Your current EFI should work just fine.

If you have a Time Machine backup of your previous Ventura setup, you could try restoring that to the new drive.

I am not sure if Apple's Migration Assistant will allow you to restore apps and files etc. from a Sonoma drive to a Ventura drive.

You can definitely copy data from one drive to another, but not sure about copying the Apps etc. you may have to reinstall any Non-Apple (App Store) applications.

Maybe keep the Sonoma drive in the system, or close to hand for when a cleaner Broadcom WiFi/BT fix is available for Sonoma.
Great advice!
I ordered the card
hopping for the cleaner fix asap

Back