Contribute
Register

is ASUS ZENBOOK Mac OS X compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UX31A (the Ivy bridge version) is compatible with OS X. You only have to swap out the intel wifi card for a broadcom combo one that works with OS X so that the bluetooh and wifi work fine.

What do you mean swap out the wifi card? Does that mean I have to buy a separate wifi card and disassemble my zenbook prime to have wifi? Sorry I am confused.

What do you mean swap out the wifi card? Does that mean I have to buy a separate wifi card and disassemble my zenbook prime to have wifi? Sorry I am confused.

Yes, you would have to open up the laptop, dig into it until you can reach the screwed-down, antenna-connected wifi card, and change it out for one that is supported by MacOS. I don't know if this particular laptop has white-listed wifi cards, but if it does, then you have to have a bios that has had the white listing stuff removed (this is not that hard, but you end up with a slightly non-standard bios.

It isn't hard to do this with many laptops, but some are more difficult than others. Some put the wifi card under a small door, others bury it under a bunch of stuff that is under the keyboard. You will have to search for tear-down documentation to see what this one would require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back