Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> IOPlatformPanicAction x3 Monterey Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hackintosh crashes randomely and Some ports stop functioning when I try to Inject All USB ports prior to doing the USB mapping in Hackintool . . . so I have given up.
It is known that USBInjectAll cannot work on Monterey. Also, the "YES" Value for config.plist/Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit cannot be used to activate all USB ports. That has to be set to NO. And you must have a set of USB ports as well as a specific set of kexts in EFI/OC/kexts to run Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
IF (BIG IF) you had an internal Broadcom Bluetooth/WiFi card replacing your "dongle," and also had a USB port setup running, AND had added a specific set of Bluetooth kexts in EFI/OC/kexts, you could have a working Bluetooth system. In my case, I replaced the internal Intel card with a Broadcom card, as shown in the image below. But you are now beyond my experience, so I cannot help, sorry.
Intel vs Broadcom 2.JPG

It is known that USBInjectAll cannot work on Monterey. Also, the "YES" Value for config.plist/Kernel/Quirks/XhciPortLimit cannot be used to activate all USB ports. That has to be set to NO. And you must have a set of USB ports as well as a specific set of kexts in EFI/OC/kexts to run Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
IF (BIG IF) you had an internal Broadcom Bluetooth/WiFi card replacing your "dongle," and also had a USB port setup running, AND had added a specific set of Bluetooth kexts in EFI/OC/kexts, you could have a working Bluetooth system. In my case, I replaced the internal Intel card with a Broadcom card, as shown in the image below. But you are now beyond my experience, so I cannot help, sorry.
View attachment 557783
I have the Intel 8265NGW card, and the Wi-Fi works in Ventura struggling to get BT working but that could be because there are no antenna attached…

I have the Intel 8265NGW card, and the Wi-Fi works in Ventura struggling to get BT working but that could be because there are no antenna attached…
My understanding (from this forum) is that since Apple uses (or used, anyway) Broadcom Bluetooth/WIFI cards, their Magic Keyboard, and other proprietary Apple Bluetooth devices will not work with the Intel cards supplied with PC computers. However it's also possible that even the Broadcom card in my Skylake computer would not work on Monterey... I have only used wired peripherals in Monterey so far, and Apple Bluetooth devices only as far as Big Sur.

Bluetooth is working for me again after using BlueToolFixup.kext.
I finally mapped my USB ports and seems to be functioning correctly so far.
Wi-Fi will never work with my Atheros-based card - Have to get a compatible card for that.

I think I'm done with Hackintoshing just to be able to run Logic Pro lol.
Bitwig, Live or FL Studio here I Come. (Cubase can bite my . . . . )
Anyway, I'm out peoples.
Thanks for the help getting me this far. Much appreciated
Cheers
Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back