i5-10210U
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Intel UHD 620 shows black screen on the 10th gen i5-10210U when trying to enable QE/CI? any leads?

This only happens when I try to add device-id to the custom properties. Installation is complete and can boot to an working state but without QE/CI.

I have already tried injecting EDID using AAPL00,override-no-connect and AAPL00,override-no-edid and it does not improve anything. (tried all: dumped vanilla EDID from linux / patched EDID using FixEDID / changing 20th byte)

I have used both OpenCore and Clover (primarily). They both fail at same position.

For Clover, I am following the RehabMan Clover laptop guide and using the HD620 config (non-spoof).

Attachments

• debug_8954.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
I was wrong. My laptop has Intel UHD Graphics. And most probably its not Intel UHD 620. I have full acceleration with UHD 630 config.

I still have problems with the brightness being too low, but that's a different issue now.

Can you by chance send me your EFI? I have a laptop with an i7-10710u and I am trying to find all of the proper kexts. It's an MSI prestige 15, and the only threads about it that I can find are people talking about how this laptop is a good hackintop as the wifi and ram are easily upgradable.

Thanks!
(if you don't want to, do you mind linking a thread that will have the appropriate files?)

sorry. I replied almost 10 hours ago with the EFI and for some reason mods didn't allow it.

What I wanted to say is the i5 is easy to hack than the i7. for i7 you need to use some new memory fixes and also fakecpuid. Even then there is some chance it won't boot (check laptop compatibility thread).

What you can try is follow the opencore vanilla guide(coffee lake) or the clover guide with UHD630 config.plist for the best chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back