Not open for further replies.
Hi,
@rael11
@maxcarl

I made a fresh install of Mojave (10.14.3) on the following rig:
  • Asus Z97-a
  • i7-4790K (HD4600)
  • 4K AOC u2868Pqu (over DP) which should work
I used Multibeast 11.0.1 and installed Lilu+WEG (among others) which now include many other patches/kexts like IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, CoreDisplayFixup, Shiki and AzulPatcher4600

SMBIOS: iMac15,1
I am currently limited to 1080p, though

I used hackingtool to try to fix things. Now I use
AAPL,ig-platform-id : 0x0D220003
DeviceID: 0x0412
increased vRAM to 2048MB

I used clover configurator to apply the -cdfon boot argument

-> Still 1080p max.
Let me know if any additional information may be relevant to you.

If I understood correctly I now need to modify config.plist (the patch from Titus) in order to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in order to boost the RAM Allocation to 64MB and the Framebuffer Memory Size to 48MB, right?
Where in config.plist should I add the code from Titus? In the kextstopatch section? There is no sign of this patch in the config.plist file that you posted on post #78 if I'm not mistaken...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best,
-a-

PS: On a side note. The 28'' monitor is improperly recognized as a 30.5'' u2868 in About-this-mac/Displays when on iGPU, while it is properly recognized as a 28'' u2868 when on dGPU (and then I get 4K no problem). I don't know how relevant this is...

Well looks like I'm not lucky here. Still 1080p max...
Maybe I messed up things too much...
Here's my config.plist if you have the time to give it a look.

Thanks for you highly appreciated help.
Best,
-a-

Attachments

• -a-_20190215_config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 75
Well looks like I'm not lucky here. Still 1080p max...
Maybe I messed up things too much...
Here's my config.plist if you have the time to give it a look.

Thanks for you highly appreciated help.
Best,
-a-
Problem got fixed here

So, updates. It kind of works - I mean I have 1920x1080 HiDPI, but I don't have the "native scaled modes" to say so - in other words, the "Displays" prefpane does not show the 5 image-based scaled resolutions like it does on MBPr, but a standard scaled resolutions list as follows:

View attachment 144180

What I was looking for, i.e. 2560x1440 HiDPI, is missing... I have tried adding it to SwitchResX but I got stuck at the "not installed" issue, then I tried adding it as a custom scaled resolution (i.e. 2560x1440 and 5120x2880) in a custom display profile, no luck either.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Hello
I'm also stuck with nothing between 4k (2160p) and looks like 1920x1080 (hiDPI) on my HD 4600. I have the 4 (not 5 in my case) icons though. Like you, adding a dGPU gives me more options but I need to use the iGPU alone.
Did you ever find a way to add custom hiDPI resolutions? I tried a fork from RDM by sse2 on github but it doesn't really work for me apparently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back