Contribute
Register

Intel core i7-3770k Build - Is it still possible to run hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning everyone!

I'm writing this post to ask you a really quick suggestion: I have an old build (which is still running great!) on which I'd like to try to install Mac OS.

Here's the build:

Processor: Intel core i7-3770K
Mobo: Asrock-Z77-Extreme4
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Msi - Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB

I was wondering if with this components I'll be able to perform (or at least try) a Mac OS installation. What do you think about htis? In past I successfully installed Mavericks but I had a different mobo and gpu, so I'm not sure I'll be able to install Catalina or Big Sur.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advice

Thanks a lot! i apologize for not having seen the post.
I’ll then evaluate ah Installation using just my Intel GPU.
Thanks again!

Good morning everyone!

I'm writing this post to ask you a really quick suggestion: I have an old build (which is still running great!) on which I'd like to try to install Mac OS.

Here's the build:

Processor: Intel core i7-3770K
Mobo: Asrock-Z77-Extreme4
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Msi - Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB

I was wondering if with this components I'll be able to perform (or at least try) a Mac OS installation. What do you think about this? In past I successfully installed Mavericks but I had a different mobo and gpu, so I'm not sure I'll be able to install Catalina or Big Sur.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advice
Your graphics card is not supported on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

You can only go High Sierra but no higher if you want to keep using the GTX 1060.

To install and run MacOS Catalina or Big Sur you need to remove the graphics card and use the HD4000 CPU integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back