Contribute
Register

Instant Wake With HP hp NC360T Ethernet Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might still be worth trying the Small Tree drivers.

Might still be worth trying the Small Tree drivers.

Did you use those Small Tree Drivers on your Z77-DS3H with this card? Could you test sleep and let me know what happens?

Did you use those Small Tree Drivers on your Z77-DS3H with this card?
No, I never got around to it and I hardly use it now as since I bought the ThinkStation I use that most of the time.

No, I never got around to it and I hardly use it now as since I bought the ThinkStation I use that most of the time.

Okay no problem mate. I think I might go with a single port card which is Intel in my Desktop I might have more luck that way.

Okay no problem mate. I think I might go with a single port card which is Intel in my Desktop I might have more luck that way.
That may be the easiest way.
I saw some good reports in the Small Tree thread and was going to try those drivers and then I bought the ThinkStation and didn't do it.
I can confirm that with the AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext I had the same problem with large file transfers that you experienced with the Z77-DS3H but not with an NC360T in a different machine with a different motherboard and processor.
Coincidently the Atheros driver for the built-in Ethernet suffered from the same file transfer issue.
AppleIntelE1000e.kext also broke sleep for my Z77-DS3H.

That may be the easiest way.
I saw some good reports in the Small Tree thread and was going to try those drivers and then I bought the ThinkStation and didn't do it.
I can confirm that with the AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext I had the same problem with large file transfers that you experienced with the Z77-DS3H but not with an NC360T in a different machine with a different motherboard and processor.
Coincidently the Atheros driver for the built-in Ethernet suffered from the same file transfer issue.
AppleIntelE1000e.kext also broke sleep for my Z77-DS3H.

Thanks for the test P1LGRIM. Might be either the card or the board that don't like each other. The Atheros onboard is rubbish. I got a PCI-E Realtek RTL8111 which works fine with file transfers and sleep. Only problem with the RTL8111 it causes horrible coil whine through headphones and speakers. One of the reasons i wanted to change to Intel Ethernet.

Well now you know what it did...
Code:
                Device (PXSX)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
// added GIGE at _ADR=1
                Device (GIGE)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address

I doubt the rest of the stuff is needed... (_DSM/etc)

So, now you can fiddle with _PRW in that scope:
Code:
                Device (PXSX)
                {
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                    {
                        0x09,
                    })
                }
                Device (GIGE)
                {
                    {
                        0x09,
                    })
                }

Or remove both _PRWs completely...

Hi mate. Just got my intel 8257EI Single Port Ethernet Card however I'm having the same problem. But this time it seems to be something to do with Bluetooth. If i have Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer then i have issues with instant wake but if i disable it it sleeps fine what i don't get is how can a Ethernet Card cause this problem relating to Bluetooth? Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 14.53.46.png

19983835_1485949824784926_4011639570007312517_o.jpg

Well now you know what it did...
Code:
                Device (PXSX)
                {
// added GIGE at _ADR=1
                Device (GIGE)
                {

I doubt the rest of the stuff is needed... (_DSM/etc)

So, now you can fiddle with _PRW in that scope:
Code:
                Device (PXSX)
                {
                    {
                        0x09,
                    })
                }
                Device (GIGE)
                {
                    {
                        0x09,
                    })
                }

Or remove both _PRWs completely...

Hi Rehabman. So I'm wondering if you could check my files out. With the new Ethernet card i have to disable Allow Bluetooth to wake this computer up in order for the machine to stay in sleep. What could be causing this problem? Ethernet works fine however its this weird sleep problem only with these Intel Ethernet Cards. I changed from Realtek btw. Here are the patchmatic files.

Also noticed that the machine takes more than 30 seconds to go to sleep.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
I believe I've got to change

Code:
Device (PXSX)
                {
                    {
                        0x09,
                        0x04
                    })
                }

to

Code:
Device (PXSX)
                {
                    {
                        0x09,
                    })
                }

Does this look correct?

Code:
Device (_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX)
    {
    }
}

Status