Contribute
Register

Installing from a SATA Drive (i.e. not USB)

I don't suppose that there is a"guide" of sorts anywhere that can talk me through a basic Windows build .. I think I recall seeing some of this in the Dortania guidelines... I'll try there first.
update your hardware profile

also windows is easy enough to install, probably plenty of forums over the internet that can show you

Actually I have updated it (maybe it doesn't change within an existing thread?)... and I found a FRESH INSTALL FROM USB for windows.

Actually I have updated it (maybe it doesn't change within an existing thread?)... and I found a FRESH INSTALL FROM USB for windows.
Screenshot 2024-03-21 142909.jpg

and windows is too easy to install, plug in usb boot from it and let it do its thing

I don't suppose that there is a"guide" of sorts anywhere that can talk me through a basic Windows build .. I think I recall seeing some of this in the Dortania guidelines... I'll try there first.
Grab a clean copy of Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft :

Thanks, guys ...

I was able to (so d@rn easily) create a Windows PC; I added a FENVi for WiFi and an RX 560 Graphics card and drivers without issue. I do realize that "they" have a much broader market and HAVE TO make these installs work on all kinds of h/w... but, man, it was so easy ;<>)

So I am now going back to the Dortania guide about collecting my h/w specifics (using Windows tools) then take another crack at creating the OpenCore EFI.

Thanks, guys ...

I was able to (so d@rn easily) create a Windows PC; I added a FENVi for WiFi and an RX 560 Graphics card and drivers without issue. I do realize that "they" have a much broader market and HAVE TO make these installs work on all kinds of h/w... but, man, it was so easy ;<>)

So I am now going back to the Dortania guide about collecting my h/w specifics (using Windows tools) then take another crack at creating the OpenCore EFI.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier BEFORE YOUR NEXT POST:

while you are in windows, use this to create your own personal aml files:

Back