Contribute
Register

Installation stopped 1/3 way through

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what it's worth, I've been dual booting with two different drives (one per OS) and it works just fine. I would go through your bios settings again and triple check everything. To simplify things, take out one card or the other (disable internal graphics, or enable them and remove your nvidia card). Get things booting. Once you get it working you can introduce one or the other.

for what it's worth, I've been dual booting with two different drives (one per OS) and it works just fine. I would go through your bios settings again and triple check everything. To simplify things, take out one card or the other (disable internal graphics, or enable them and remove your nvidia card). Get things booting. Once you get it working you can introduce one or the other.
I checked my bios settings, and all that happened was the white circle with the line through it popped up. The Apple logo didn’t even show. I already had my IGPU disabled, and I tried disabling my card before, but all that happened was the screen glitches out at 1/3. Also, when I try to use -s and use some commands, it says my device is write locked. How did you do it?

I checked my bios settings, and all that happened was the white circle with the line through it popped up. The Apple logo didn’t even show. I already had my IGPU disabled, and I tried disabling my card before, but all that happened was the screen glitches out at 1/3. Also, when I try to use -s and use some commands, it says my device is write locked. How did you do it?

Bios settings do you have AHCI enabled?

Try -s and use "mount -uw", "fsck -fy" and then "exit".

Bios settings do you have AHCI enabled?

Try -s and use "mount -uw", "fsck -fy" and then "exit".
Yes, I do have AHCI enabled, and I tried to use those commands(as other guides said), but apparently my USB is write-locked, so I can't do anything

That's strange.

Did you try going the other way? Remove nvidia card? I have successfully hacked an 8700k processor with the iGPU graphics only, although different motherboard.

That's strange.

Did you try going the other way? Remove nvidia card? I have successfully hacked an 8700k processor with the iGPU graphics only, although different motherboard.
No, I haven't, because unfortunately, I can't do it right now. I don't have the time and the tools to do it for now. Is there anything else I can try?

If I were you I would simplify things as much as possible and get a booting system.

What do you mean by simplifying things?

You can pull the power cords off the video card and enable IGPU to get system loaded, once you have a bootable system you can plug the card back in and install web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back