Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

my Hackintosh finally arrived, and I am now stuck with the installation.

• Creating the USB Stick was fairly simple, it boots up without problems.
  • Disk utility can format the NVMe drive without problems, HFS+, GUID Partition Table
  • First round if installation works fine.
  • After rebooting through USB-Stick and Clover again, I see the installation windows with a progress bar, under it it says "15 minutes remaining" and then just reboots.
  • Also, no mouse or keyboard in this screen, in the first installer screen and in clover mouse and keyboard work.

Any hint will be highly appreciated. I read through several threads, thats why I added the verbose mode and recorded a video. You can find it here: https://cloud.tomkatweb.org/s/MkefjQKTCsLSR94

I found that the last message says gIOScreenLockState 3

I disabled the onboard intel GPU.

Thankful for any ideas,

Best from Germany,

maybeageek

further system info:

- Gigaybyte Z390 Gaming X
- Intel Core i7 9700K
- Sapphire Radeon RX 590
- 2x Samsung NVMe 970 EVO Plus 500GB (first is windows installation, second is, or will be, macOS)

Thanks,

there really was an old Firmware installed. Updated it.

Now the progress bar went a little further and with 14 minutes remaining it said "macOS could not be installed on your computer".

:(

found a thread saying to disconnect all other drives.

Trying that now.

Last edited:
Now that the windows disk is removed, I started the installation anew, erasing the disk first.

Now it is stuck at the "15 minutes remaining" screen, just rebooting over and over again.

Now that the windows disk is removed, I started the installation anew, erasing the disk first.

Now it is stuck at the "15 minutes remaining" screen, just rebooting over and over again.
As your profile show you're using rx 590 graphic card, that might be the source of your rebooting problem.

As your profile show you're using rx 590 graphic card, that might be the source of your rebooting problem.

Do you have any idea how to remedy the problem? I specifically bought this card because several reported it working here in the forum.
I am gonna look them up and ask them directly, too :)

add "-v" argument to Clover Boot parameters to see log. Today I had head ache with Clover update :(

You can unplug your rx 590 power connector and switch your monitor cable to the motherboard built-in graphic card port to see if you can get pass that 15%...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back