Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
10.13.0 failed to install [at the end of boot from the ssd/hdd] resulting in either a message "An error occurred while verifying firmware" or "The path /System/Installation Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". Some posts state it is due to not disabling SIP, and others suggest it is necessary to change the computer model in your config.plist (use Xcode). In my case, SIP was already 0x67 (disabled) so changing it wasn't an option. My board version was already 14,2. Changed to 14,3, rebooted, and re-started the install from the drive (Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD) and it finished installing correctly.

10.13.0 failed to install [at the end of boot from the ssd/hdd] resulting in either a message "An error occurred while verifying firmware" or "The path /System/Installation Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged". Some posts state it is due to not disabling SIP, and others suggest it is necessary to change the computer model in your config.plist (use Xcode). In my case, SIP was already 0x67 (disabled) so changing it wasn't an option. My board version was already 14,2. Changed to 14,3, rebooted, and re-started the install from the drive (Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD) and it finished installing correctly.

Hello.

I have exactly the same problem.

I change 14.2 to 14.3 and disabled SIP (0x67) but I still have this error. Can you show me your config.plist ?
And say me which kext you are using ?

I would like to see what I did wrong.

My computer boots on Sierra but impossible to continue this installation of High Sierra. I still have this error "the path /System/Installation Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

Hello.

I have exactly the same problem.

I change 14.2 to 14.3 and disabled SIP (0x67) but I still have this error. Can you show me your config.plist ?
And say me which kext you are using ?

I would like to see what I did wrong.

My computer boots on Sierra but impossible to continue this installation of High Sierra. I still have this error "the path /System/Installation Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"
You have to start the installation again after the first error otherwise you get the second.

You have to start the installation again after the first error otherwise you get the second.
As Vulgo wrote - try starting the reinstall from the beginning. For some reason, I was able to start after the first boot, but maybe I just got lucky.

Hey Guys.
I tried to reinstall by launching again « Install MacOSX High Sierra » in my application folder and it seems that I do not get this error again. It is currently upgrading to high sierra. Thank your for your help.

@vmwaree, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back