Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5700/6700 Series 1024 Mo
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all thanks a lot to all the developers and people contributing to this project. I could recently achieve a dream: having a Mac more powerful than a Mac Pro !

This has been only possible with MultiBeast and iBoot.

So here's the hardware I have:
- ASUS P6T WS Professional
- XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB
- 4 HD Samsung Spinpoint 750 GB SATA
- DVD burner double-layer
- Apple USB keyboard and mouse

In the mobo bios I just had to configure the ACHI mode. I first wanted to use the hardware RAID but it didn't work. So I installed SL on a single HD and made a software RAID 0 of the 3 others using SL's disk utility.

In multibeast 3.4.0 I checked the following:
- Easybeast
- System Utilities
- VoodooHDA 0.2.72
- ATI 1.6.32.12
- PCIRootUID fix
- Chameleon + ATI Exp.
- MacPro 5,1
- tonymacx86 Remixed Theme
- OSx86 Software

In order to boot properly with iBoot I had to type "PCIRootUID=1". I also manually disabled GraphicsEnabler in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

My system is now running stable. I have some KPs from time to time when it boots up but that's not a problem for me.

I can now enjoy a powerful workstation to produce my videos ! Thanks again Tony and MacMan !

hi and sorry for the "noob" question, but how do you:
"manually disabled GraphicsEnabler in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist"?

I mean the commands are?
hope in some help, thx! :D

I think what OSXYZ is saying is to edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file by double clicking on it to open it. This file is located in the /Extra folder on your Snow Leopard hard drive that you access through the Finder. After you open the file, look for the line that states GraphicsEnabler. The line below GraphicsEnabler should state Yes. Click on Yes and delete it. Then type in No in place of Yes.

However, I followed OSXYZ's build and it didn't work for me. After many, many, many hours of painstaking reviews of this and other forums, clean installs of Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and upgrades to 10.6.8 using many combinations of incremental upgrades and direct upgrades, I found out that the problem is with the graphics card - the XFX Radeon HD 5770. It appears that after Snow Leopard 10.6.5, the upgrades to 10.6.6 and above render the XFX Radeon HD 5770 more likely than not to be incompatible. The only way to get around this incompatibility is through a complicated and non-guaranteed BIOS flash of the graphics card.

Rather than mess around with the XFX Radeon HD 5770 further, I bought a different graphics card that is known to work - the ATI Dell Radeon HD 5770 (the one with the long heat sink attached that makes the entire graphics card 13" long). I installed the Dell graphics card and now my build running 10.6.8 is working flawlessly with no problems.

My build: ASUS P6T WS Professional flashed to latest 1205 BIOS, i7-950, ATI Dell Radeon HD 5770 graphics card, Corsair Dominator 6 GB (3x2), Corsair TX750 power supply, ASUS DVD burner, Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB.

With Multibeast 3.10.1, I selected Easybeast, System Utilities, Voodoo 0.2.72 and PCIRootFix. I did not edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist so my GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back