Intel i7-7700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys

Looking for help installing sierra on a new system, not sure how we'll go for compatibility but I figured its worth a shot.
My experience is limited so all help and info is greatly appreciated.

Spec:
ROG z270H motherboard
Intel i7-7700k
Geforce GTX1070
Crucial mx300 525gb ssd
TridentZ 16gb ddr4

Have tried using the installation guide for sierra, booting with clover from a usb but it loads the apple up on screen then hangs there with no progress bar till I restart.

Many Thanks

Hey guys

Looking for help installing sierra on a new system, not sure how we'll go for compatibility but I figured its worth a shot.
My experience is limited so all help and info is greatly appreciated.

Spec:
ROG z270H motherboard
Intel i7-7700k
Geforce GTX1070
Crucial mx300 525gb ssd
TridentZ 16gb ddr4

Have tried using the installation guide for sierra, booting with clover from a usb but it loads the apple up on screen then hangs there with no progress bar till I restart.

Many Thanks
There is no support whatsoever for the GTX 10*0 graphics series.

Thanks guys, much appreciated, do we know if theres any attempts at bringing support to the gtx10 series? I imagine this throws the virtual machine idea out the window too? Logic is actually the only app I'm after, so may need to go buy some more bits if necessary

Same issue, stuck on apple loading bar. I'm using a Gigabyte Z170mx-gaming 5, intel i5 6400

attached a photo of verbose mode
IMG_0365.jpeg

update, feel like a doof, Not sure how I missed the recommendations to enable XHCI handoff in the bios and Disable the serial port in Super IO Configuration, problem solved :/

For anyone interested, bypassed the 1070, spoofed cpuID using above instructions then booted in verbose and we're though to the installer on the 2nd boot attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back