CPU
Intel Core i5 6600 3.3 Ghz
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Hackentosh Drive has a Windows partition at the last partition. I won't be able to follow the Lion guide. I have an External Backup drive with multiple partitions (Backup and a Data partition)
Can I repartition the Data Partition and create the "install" Partition then use xmove to copy the files etc and do the install from it?

Yup. create a dmg from the install partition created by xmove and restore it to a USB and then boot from the USB

You misunderstand. The USB drive is a 2 TB HardDrive with 2 1 TB partitions. I believe it is bootable will check after work. I have Carbon Copy Cloner backing up to the 1 Partition.

So if the USB Drive is bootable can I follow the steps for Lion except instead of creating the Install Partition on the local drive create it on the USB backup harddrive and run xmove pointing at that External harddrive?

ok cool. Hopefully all goes well.
Will start later tonight.

best of luk!!!

Success. Had zero issues. Went to external drive resized partition to add Installer Partition. Downloaded Lion, Installed. Ran xmove, rebooted. Install completed with no problems.

One thing that had me worried was on my macbook when you install the first reboot installs Lion right away. However, On my Hackentosh it booted to 10.6.8 so I could run xmove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back