Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
R9 285
I've created a bootable USB flash drive so I can install macOS Sierra on my computer, I did all the steps, but for some reason, when I boot from the flash drive, the installer doesn't appear and all I'm left with is a gray screen. I have the FakeSMC kext where it needs to be. I'm using the absolute latest version of Clover boot loader. I tried to boot in verbose mode, and the last 2 logs state that the service exited "with abnormal code 1", and the other one spat a timeout for a kext which I don't remember the name. Other than that, it's the same result.

I am having this issue too, it's getting to the installer screen, but no GUI is appearing yet the mouse works/etc.

Still trying to figure out why, but no luck. Posting here to see if your having the same issue, or rather the light grey/white screen?

I am having this issue too, it's getting to the installer screen, but no GUI is appearing yet the mouse works/etc.

Still trying to figure out why, but no luck. Posting here to see if your having the same issue, or rather the light grey/white screen?

It does get past the light gray screen with the spinning beach ball. It just stops at a screen with a radial gradient, and a REAL cursor. I can tell because the activity indicator on my flash drive is not lighting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back