Contribute
Register

In a Pinch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find this at best buy, but is this a good card, and is it compatible? Looks like it when comparing it to the list of GPUs.
Some people here use that 580 with no problems. It was the XFX RX 560 that had Vbios issues. It should be avoided. Are you looking to game with that card ?

VBIOS issues have been reported with XFX cards. Sapphire is probably a better choice.

I see nothing fundamentally wrong with CPU/motherboard/GPU, but you'd do yourself a favour by going for a NVMe drive over SATA and native, effortless, Mojave support would require Z390+8/9th gen.
Case and cooler are personal choices.
Since I can only find used Sapphire cards, should I be worried ordering a used one from Amazon? Are there more reputable places to deal with used ones?

Some people here use that 580 with no problems. It was the XFX RX 560 that had Vbios issues. It should be avoided. Are you looking to game with that card ?
Yes but i mainly play WoW, nothing too crazy. If you have other options, I am all ears.

If you have other options, I am all ears.
The much newer AMD RX 6600 is way better and more efficient but it won't work with Big Sur or older macOS versions.

The much newer AMD RX 6600 is way better and more efficient but it won't work with Big Sur or older macOS versions.
So i would have to update to Montery at least?

Correct. With Mojave your most powerful option is a Vega 56/64.

What would be the earliest OS version that I could run on the 10th gen system?
Apple released the 2020 Intel Macs preinstalled with Catalina, which uses Intel 10th generation hardware. So for full support on Intel 10th generation you will need to run at least MacOS Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back