CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620 / MX150
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed 10.15.4 with @elmacci config and EFI folder. Everything worked out great out of the box, but I can't for the life of me get imessage to work. I don't know if there is a Catalina specific option that is failing. has anybody else gotten it to work?

I installed 10.15.4 with @elmacci config and EFI folder. Everything worked out great out of the box, but I can't for the life of me get imessage to work. I don't know if there is a Catalina specific option that is failing. has anybody else gotten it to work?

Yes, I found that and I've already done the whole process twice, validating serials, etc. It just doesn't want to work. I've cleaned up these paths (maybe there's a catalina specific file I'm missing)?
Bash:
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.iCloudHelper*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Messages*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iChat*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imagent*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imessage*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imservice*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.ids.service*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.madrid.plist*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imessage.bag.plist*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.identityserviced*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Messages
I've also tested that nvram is fully working by seeing if values persisted through reboots, with:
Bash:
sudo nvram TestVar="HelloWorld"

sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'

There's nothing else I can think of.

Yes, I found that and I've already done the whole process twice, validating serials, etc. It just doesn't want to work. I've cleaned up these paths (maybe there's a catalina specific file I'm missing)?
Bash:
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.iCloudHelper*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Messages*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iChat*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.icloud*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imagent*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imessage*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imservice*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.madrid.plist*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.imessage.bag.plist*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.identityserviced*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.security*
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Messages
I've also tested that nvram is fully working by seeing if values persisted through reboots, with:
Bash:
sudo nvram TestVar="HelloWorld"

sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'

There's nothing else I can think of.

Is your wifi connection seen as en0? I remember that to be a pretty important step. Sometimes it just works after a few reboots.

Is your wifi connection seen as en0? I remember that to be a pretty important step. Sometimes it just works after a few reboots.
Yes, it's marked as en0. I deleted the System Configuration folder as well, and renamed the machine, just in case there was a ghost config.

Yes, it's marked as en0. I deleted the System Configuration folder as well, and renamed the machine, just in case there was a ghost config.
i have moved your off topic posts to a new thread for you

i have moved your off topic posts to a new thread for you
Sorry. And thanks. Didn't mean to hijack the other thread.

BTW, just noticed that you moved it to the Mojave thread, and I was installing Catalina.

Last edited:
Damn! I finaly found the issue. There was an Custom UUID in the "System Parameters" section in Clover Configurator that was overriding the one generated in SMBIOS section the hundred or so times that I changed it! :clap:

Anyway, deleting all the prefs, logging out of iCloud and deleting the device from the web before setting up iCloud again, worked flawlessly.

Thanks so all those that helped.

So I just realized that handoff doesn't work anyore. It was working sporadically at some points while I was tinkering with different configs, but now it just doesn't. It's not that big of a deal (though I have that itch to get everything working flawlessly), but whatever I did that fixed imessage and facetime, somehow killed continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back