Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i5
Graphics
Nvida 1070
I've managed to get Catalina installed on my Alienware m17r3 10750H 4k. Most things seem to work fine, including sound (and the built in mic) and ethernet. I cannot get igpu acceleration working though. I've tried the suggested settings in the dortania OC guide, including the AAPL,ig-platform-id, framebuffer-patch-enable, framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem settings. I tried changing my system id from macbookpro16,3 to imac20,1 (since it has comet lake). I either get a black screen (and I can hear system sounds the the machine has still booted into the os) or it stops with stream of text, seeming to indicate the igpu has initialised with the last line: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockSate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0.

Any advice would be appreciated... has anyone got the HD 630 igpu working with comet lake on a laptop with Open Core?

I've managed to get Catalina installed on my Alienware m17r3 10750H 4k. Most things seem to work fine, including sound (and the built in mic) and ethernet. I cannot get igpu acceleration working though. I've tried the suggested settings in the dortania OC guide, including the AAPL,ig-platform-id, framebuffer-patch-enable, framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem settings. I tried changing my system id from macbookpro16,3 to imac20,1 (since it has comet lake). I either get a black screen (and I can hear system sounds the the machine has still booted into the os) or it stops with stream of text, seeming to indicate the igpu has initialised with the last line: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockSate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0.

Any advice would be appreciated... has anyone got the HD 630 igpu working with comet lake on a laptop with Open Core?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Thanks for that! I'm sorry I hadn't noticed before posting. I managed to get this to work! My issue was the device properties keys for the igpu. I've got a 4k screen and I think that was the issue. With the right values it now boots fine with igpu acceleration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back