hd 6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
I try to install ML on this laptop. Intel HD graphic 4000 and Nvidia Geforce GT 645 M.
The bios is very limited so I block the Nvidia with the Chamelion wizard.
At this point, I can only boot in -x mode and try many things with Chamelion Wizard
In normal mode I have a kernel panic ( panic(cpu 4 caller 0*ffffff....... :banghead:
Is someone have an idea... do you think that my setup is just not compatible?
Thank's!
Sylvain

I too have the same processor on an Acer V3 771G video card Nvidea 710M RAM 8GB. I can not get to the installation screen ML I have various errors and panic.Aiutoooo for pleasure

Hello everyone,
I try to install ML on this laptop. Intel HD graphic 4000 and Nvidia Geforce GT 645 M.
The bios is very limited so I block the Nvidia with the Chamelion wizard.
At this point, I can only boot in -x mode and try many things with Chamelion Wizard
In normal mode I have a kernel panic ( panic(cpu 4 caller 0*ffffff....... :banghead:
Is someone have an idea... do you think that my setup is just not compatible?
Thank's!
Sylvain

What step are you on in this guide?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

- - - Updated - - -

I too have the same processor on an Acer V3 771G video card Nvidea 710M RAM 8GB. I can not get to the installation screen ML I have various errors and panic.Aiutoooo for pleasure

Try to disable the nvidia card in BIOS. Or, if you can't, remove all Nvidia kexts from /S/L/E on the USB stick.

What step are you on in this guide?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Hello,
I follow every step. And in step 3-8, i can't start osx without -x... I try the GraphicsEnabler=No and other things...
I also try to delete all the ktext nvda (that assume to be the nvidia ktext ) but then the usb stick doesn't work anymore. I have a kernel panic at step 3-4.
I don't know what to do? Any idea?
Thank's

There's nothing wrong with using -x at step 3.8. At that point if you can get into OS X, you can start tweaking to fix the system such that you can boot without "-x". The question at that point is what to tweak... which would require more information (ioreg dump, dsdt, what you installed w/ Multibeast, sysdef you're using, etc.)

Also, what was the problem if you don't use "-x"? If you're getting a KP, what was the KP (I'm guessing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)

There's nothing wrong with using -x at step 3.8. At that point if you can get into OS X, you can start tweaking to fix the system such that you can boot without "-x". The question at that point is what to tweak... which would require more information (ioreg dump, dsdt, what you installed w/ Multibeast, sysdef you're using, etc.)

Also, what was the problem if you don't use "-x"? If you're getting a KP, what was the KP (I'm guessing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)

Ok thank's for answering fast!

Here is my system definition in win7 :

Notebook
w250EGQ / W270EGQ
i7-3632QM
Bios : American megatrends Inc.4.6.5, 07/01/2013
SMBIOS 2.7

Lately, I did use chameleon wizard instead of multi beast. I think my biggest problem here is I don't know what I really do :crazy:... I don't really know what is ioreg dump, dsdt

Here is a picture of kernel panic :

photo.jpg

Thank's

Ok thank's for answering fast!

Here is my system definition in win7 :

Notebook
w250EGQ / W270EGQ
i7-3632QM
Bios : American megatrends Inc.4.6.5, 07/01/2013
SMBIOS 2.7

Lately, I did use chameleon wizard instead of multi beast. I think my biggest problem here is I don't know what I really do :crazy:... I don't really know what is ioreg dump, dsdt

Here is a picture of kernel panic :

View attachment 64810

Thank's

If there is a way to disable the nvidia card in BIOS, do that. Otherwise you'll have to delete all the nvidia kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

If there is a way to disable the nvidia card in BIOS, do that. Otherwise you'll have to delete all the nvidia kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.
Hello,
I've only erase the geforce Ktext and I could start Osx ML in "normal" mode.
I installed protools and all my stuff and everything work really cool!
I have just a little question, is this normal that the video doesn't work? Is there anything to do with the intel 4000 to increase the video quality/ability ? I work with video and it could be a little bit problematic for me :).

So far, I miss wifi (bluetooth works perfectly), trackpad, battery indicator and sound. Work in progress!
Concerning the sound, I try to install the realtek in multibeast, but it didn't work. For trackpad I've tried the PS/2 which worked perfectly for the keyboard, but not for the pad. Also, is there something to do for the battery?

To sum up, everything is not working so far, but I can do the main important things.

Thank's a lot RehabMan!!

-Little update : Sound work well with voodooHDA v2.7.2 f. I didn't know that my sound card was a VIA. I had to delete the previous VoodooHDA and install this version.
The other good news for me is that Video in .mov and .mp4 format work perfectly so I can work in protools with that formats :).

Hello,
I've only erase the geforce Ktext and I could start Osx ML in "normal" mode.
I installed protools and all my stuff and everything work really cool!
I have just a little question, is this normal that the video doesn't work? Is there anything to do with the intel 4000 to increase the video quality/ability ? I work with video and it could be a little bit problematic for me :).

Do you have the HD4000 drivers loading? Post ioreg dump. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

So far, I miss wifi (bluetooth works perfectly), trackpad, battery indicator and sound. Work in progress!

WiFi depends on what hardware you have. There are only a few WiFi chips compatible with OS X. Run DPCIManager to list PCI devices.

Trackpad needs PS/2 drivers. There are various ones available, which one you use depends on the specific trackpad in your machine. You can usually get some information on Windows in Device Manager (go into Properties of the trackpad).

Battery indication needs ACPI based AppleSmartBatteryManager replacement. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver. It is common that it doesn't work initially and you need DSDT patches, but not always.

Sound you want a patched AppleHDA for your codec. So, you first need to know what codec you have. Google for 'patch AppleHDA guide' and follow the first step which uses Linux to gather your codec information. From there you can search to see if one exists already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back