Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm new to the hackintosh scene - after I saw how much apple is charging for an for an i5 iMac, i became a true believer in the hackinstosh way.

So Newegg has a great deal on DIY Combo i5/Gigabyte H55 MB. Will I be able to get hardware graphics acceleration out of this rig, or should I just go for a P55 based rig?

I've tried googling , and so far I can only find 1 person that got an i3/H55 set up to work, and it took them weeks of hair pulling trial and error.

As of right now, there's no official support for the H55 chipset, nor those CPUs and even less so for the Intel HD graphics.

So if you want to make it easy for yourself, get a Gigabyte P55 board, a Core i5 750 and a compatible graphics card.

Yeah a person named everdone on the insanelymac forum got a H55 board running.

Someone pm'ed me some of his notes. If you want to try, I can send them to you.

It didn't look that rough, if you are an experienced hackintosh builder.

Otherwise if it's all new to you, take thelostswedes' advice and build a i5 750 P55 build. Much easier.

So, I threw a little curve ball by mentioning i3 - what I am trying to do is get an i5-750 on an H55 motherboard going. Tony Mac said that it should work, but I can't find any details beyond that for an i5/H55 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back