Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6600K @ 4.5Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi!

I have been having some issues and have been looking around / trying a lot and also posting some questions. Unfortunately nobody replied. I would greatly apprechiate some support!

I placed an SSDT for an i5 6600K in the correct EFI folder and named it SSDT.aml.

The max CPU frequency is still stuck at 3,5Ghz. In the BIOS I overclocked to 4,5Ghz.

I got the SSDT from this build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/
Here is the FILE.

What am I doing wrong? I am running El Capitan but am just in the process of upgrading to Sierra.

Regards!
anak85

Edit: Now I am even more confused! After the Sierra install I get quick boosts of 4,5Ghz but then everything drops down to 1,3Ghz. See here:

Edit 2: First Cinebench reached 120 score. I ran the thing again and the boost stayed at 4,5Ghz and reached 704 score. Why is it wobbling around like that?

Last edited:
Moved to Overclocking.

Moved to Overclocking.

Thanks! I posted in general as I feel nobody looks in this forum. I posted something here four days ago and nobody replied.

Do you have some input for me? I feel that most posts I receive have to do with "administrative" stuff :( Is there something I am missing or is everyone on vacation?

Do you have some input for me? I feel that most posts I receive have to do with "administrative" stuff :( Is there something I am missing or is everyone on vacation?
There is no specific entitlement to help.
If someone feels that they can contribute to the resolution of your problem they may reply.
Placing your query in the correct category maximises the probability of the right person finding it.

I don't overclock my builds so am unable to offer any assistance other than "administrative" stuff.

There is no specific entitlement to help.
If someone feels that they can contribute to the resolution of your problem they may reply.
Placing your query in the correct category maximises the probability of the right person finding it.

I don't overclock my builds so am unable to offer any assistance other than "administrative" stuff.

Sure, I get where you are coming from. I am just giving you my user experience of the site you are moderating. Since there are so many subcategories, people don't seem to brows into them.

This has been my experience since I joined your site. There have been very helpful people, but only if you are lucky that someone actually sees your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back