Motherboard
Dell E6230
CPU
i7 3GHz i7
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all when I try export to idvd or using quicktime to export to something else, it goes for about 30 seconds and then it freezes. I have to do a hard shutdown. running 10.6.4. 10.6.2 had no issue. Anyone have same problem?
thanks.

Did not try idvd.
But i can say iMovie works great using quicktime to export (HD) movies. My last one was about 2gb and even if it went to sleep at about 60% (using pleaseSleep ... it sleeps everything if not well configured o_O !) as soon as SL resumed imovie was able to finish export without any problem.

Maybe something wrong by your side...

GoodLuck.

carl said:
Hi all when I try export to idvd or using quicktime to export to something else, it goes for about 30 seconds and then it freezes. I have to do a hard shutdown. running 10.6.4. 10.6.2 had no issue. Anyone have same problem?
thanks.
Did you run memtest+ and stress tested it with prime95?

You should do this to eliminate any hardware issues.

ran memtest and it was good 2 runs. How do you run prime95 stress test? Can someone explain to me. Is it through terminal command line?
by the way 10.6.2 same thing, so convinced a system thing.

sosilv, we seem to have exact same config. Could you give me your bios settings, sata ports..(i'm using blue 0,1 on MB). Both export methods idvd and quicktime results in the same thing for me. Footage size on my end doesn't matter, from 1/2 hr to 1:30hr length it does the same thing.

I used I-movie briefly to create a quick 10min movie for a mate. Only part it dies on is when I was working with picture-in-picture.

However - once I did the i-movie update it now works fine.

Try the update and see if that help your issue.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back