2. Apple
  3. iMac
  4. Lisa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So throwing this out for everyone to help me tackle this issue.

I use a Terramaster NAS for my client editing. Inside are 2 hard drives used for editing in DaVinci and Premiere. Here is the lynch pin. I am now editing in 4k and I am having issues with disk speed read and write. In Hackintool, if its connected to my usb 3.0, I get 12mbps which obviously isn't fast enough. So I bought a usb c to usb c cable and connected it to the usb c on my GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard and the drive is not seen at all. I have USBPorts Kext attached but one, I'm wondering why I'm not getting 5gbps like I should and why can I not see my usb c port at all.

The first pic is without the hard drive being seen connected to usb c
The second is connected to the USB 3 called ASM107x

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 2.56.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.08.36 PM.png

Last edited:
You need to look at how your USB ports are defined, i.e. which Connector they are set with.

In both screenshots in your post above, all of the USB ports are set as USB3 connector. This will not be correct.

just for clarity these are the USB ports available on your motherboard:

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.31.02.png

You need to change the USB connector type to reflect the physical port attributes as set out below;
  • All USB 3 ports, whether USB2 virtual port or USB3 physical port need to be set as USB3 (3)
  • All Physical USB2 ports (usually black coloured port) need to be set as USB2 (0), according to the list above you don't have any of these ports.
  • Any USB Type-C ports need to be set as Type-C or Type-C SW (9) or (10)
  • Any USB2 ports from internal motherboard headers need to be set as Internal (255)
  • USB3 motherboard header ports should be set as USB3, including the USB2 virtual ports.
If you look at the Connector column in Hackintool, you will see that there is a drop down list set against each port in the window, which can be adapted/changed to reflect the correct connector type.

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 23.25.03.png Hackintool drop down Connector menu.

When you have done that you then need to look at reducing the number of ports to a maximum of 15. This is to keep within the limitations imposed by Apple.

You need to test each port with a spare USB2 pen drive, then test each port again with a USB3 pen drive. So you discover all the active ports on your system. Obviously if you have a USB-C port that needs to be tested with a USB-C connected device.

What might help you is if you use the attached Rear I/O and motherboard pictures attached to map your USB ports. I have highlighted to two USB2 headers and single USB3 header on the motherboard. These probably serve your Front Case USB ports, possibly also a USB card reader if one is installed.

Attachments

• Z270M-D3H  - Motherboard ports.png
    Z270M-D3H - Motherboard ports.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • Z270M-D3H - rear plate ports.png
    Z270M-D3H - rear plate ports.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 31
You need to test each port with a spare USB2 pen drive, then test each port again with a USB3 pen drive. So you discover all the active ports on your system. Obviously if you have a USB-C port that needs to be tested with a USB-C connected device.
For convenience, you may use a USB3 hub instead of two thumb drives: USB3 hubs connect to both USB2 and USB3, and need not be ejected before unplugging. For USB-C, test in both orientations: If the port remains the same, it's type 9; if the port changes, type 10 (and the two ports will count against the 15 ports limit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back