gtx 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I had two separate SSD, one with Windows 8.1 and the other with Mavericks, everything working fine with Chimera, but
I just update to El Capitan following the new guide, and now I cannot boot Windows using Clover. Is there anything I can do to fix this or I need to reinstall Windows?

Hi,
I had two separate SSD, one with Windows 8.1 and the other with Mavericks, everything working fine with Chimera, but
I just update to El Capitan following the new guide, and now I cannot boot Windows using Clover. Is there anything I can do to fix this or I need to reinstall Windows?
Clover installed EFI cannot boot Windows installed legacy mode.
Something to try - no guarantee.
Boot OS X and mount the EFI partition. Delete the contents of the EFI partition. Install Clover Legacy mode. Reboot to UEFI, make sure legacy booting is enabled, save&exit, continue boot.

Post results.

It didn't work, and now I cannot boot windows pressing f12.
How can I remove the legacy mode of the windows ssd disk?

Have a similar problem with dual boot (El Capitan 10.11.1 and W10). My system was working like a charm with Yosemite and W10 (Chimera and W10 Legacy). Then i update to El Capitan and lose the ability to boot from boot loader (now Clover UEFI). Then i install again W10, now in UEFI mode and the problem persist, can't boot by Clover. I'm using the two system normally, booting W10 with F12 and El Capitan right from boot loader. Have Trying everything that i can imagine or find in the forum, without success.

It didn't work, and now I cannot boot windows pressing f12.
How can I remove the legacy mode of the windows ssd disk?

Wipe drive, convert GPT, re-install Windows. Is no big deal with Win10.

I have the exact same problem as Orzec to a T. Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean with "Convert GPT?" Also, wipe the Windows SSD, as in reformatting it, then reinstalling Windows 10? If you've got a quick and dirty guide to doing that, it would be awesome.

I'm with you Orzec. Chimera worked perfectly fine, and Clover has been nothing but problems.

Side note: if anyone knows how to get the graphics to work in El Capitan with a GeForce 960, that would be great. I've read just about everything. Orzec, same problems for you?

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem as Orzec to a T. Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean with "Convert GPT?" Also, wipe the Windows SSD, as in reformatting it, then reinstalling Windows 10? If you've got a quick and dirty guide to doing that, it would be awesome.

I'm with you Orzec. Chimera worked perfectly fine, and Clover has been nothing but problems.

Side note: if anyone knows how to get the graphics to work in El Capitan with a GeForce 960, that would be great. I've read just about everything. Orzec, same problems for you?

Thanks!
When you install Win10, whether by upgrading WinVista or Win7, then your license code is stored in your registration with hardware info and also in your UEFI firmware. This is how MS is enforcing their anti-piracy efforts. Consequently, once you have installed Win10 on a build, then the info is there and you can re-install from scratch without need to input license key. There are ways to get the key, one of them bring a free app called ProduKey. Neat little app, extracts the product key of not only Windows, but other third party software installed on your computer. Makes it much easier to convert to UEFI booting in EFI mode only. Say you installed Win7 Legacy mode. Upgrade to Win10. This gets you new license key for Win10 for your hardware. Create a Win10 USB. Boot to F hotkey, select the UEFI version of your USB, install Win10 UEFI mode. Can be done on new SSD/HDD or reformat existing via dispart during the install process.

3 ways to convert a drive to GPT (GUID Partition Tables):

Use OS X disk utility to format the drive GUID partition tables Do not choose ExFAT or MSDOS FAT for format - these create a GPT/MBR hybrid - use OS X Extended format.

Use Windows disk management tool to convert the drive to GPT. Note that this reformats the drive and existing data is no longer available. Cannot be done to the booted drive - must be other drive.

Use command line (Shift+F10) in the Windows installation process to run dispart and convert GPT.

This can also be done (probably) with your favorite disk utility.

For your GPU problem, install the nVidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back