i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been seeing a unique one on my ASUS Maximus VII Impact (Z97 mini-ITX, i7-4790K, 16 GB DDR3 2133 MHz and the MSI GTX 760 ITX GPU).

I have the system setup to boot Clover from the EFI partition on the Samsung XP941 M.2 drive. That drive has a UEFI booting Mavericks 10.9.5 and the HWMonitor works as expected (such the same as it would under Chimera).

I also have a fresh Clover/Yosemite install on a conventional hard drive partition. When I boot this partition, under Clover, the HWMonitor app does run, however there are no CPUs in the Temps section, and no CPUs in any of the other sections; see the photo. And it behaves the same with the 10.10.3 update.

HWM1.jpg

And on this machine, If run the latest Multibeast v7.20 and try to install the FakeSMC with the plug-in's and the HWMonitor app, the system will hang on the next boot.

Now this is probably something very simple related to Clover... but what?

Good modding,
neil

Well I solved my problem.

I looked at how one of my Clover/Yosemite UEFI booting system is setup and saw that on that system the FakeSMC.kext (with the sensor plug-in kexts) is located in the 10.10 folder and not where you would expect them (/System/Library/Extensions/).

So on this system, I added the 10.10 folder with only the FakeSMC.kext file and still had the problem. I then went into the Yosemite partition and deleted the FakeSMC.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.
The HWMonitor app now works correctly in both Mavericks and Yosemite...yea!

This system is unique for me in that it has both OS X versions booting UEFI from one Clover /EFI boot partition.

Good modding,
neil

Hi, I have the same problem but I am afraid that I didn't understand where to put all those kexts.

I deleted them from yosemite S/L/E and with app cleaner uninstalled HWMONITOR app.

What I should do next. I am on Clover Yosemite platform just like you, migrated from chimera and with time machine restored all my files to new installation few days ago.

I have all kexts here and app itself.

Thank you in advance for and answer.

Hi, I have the same problem but I am afraid that I didn't understand where to put all those kexts.

I deleted them from yosemite S/L/E and with app cleaner uninstalled HWMONITOR app.

What I should do next. I am on Clover Yosemite platform just like you, migrated from chimera and with time machine restored all my files to new installation few days ago.

I have all kexts here and app itself.

Thank you in advance for and answer.

Humm... do you know if you are using Clover in the "Legacy" mode or the "UEFI" mode?

My experience in this thread is with the "UEFI" Clover installation.

In this case on this machine as well as my reference machine, the FakeSMC.kext (initially installed using MultiBeast so that the HWMonitor.app is installed in the Applications folder), has been copied from /S/L/E folder to the /EFI folder into the 10.10 folder. Then the FakeSMC.kext was deleted (moved to the trash) from the /S/L/E folder.

If you are using Clover in a "Legacy" boot this may not apply.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back