Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman!

I successfully installed Mavericks (dual boot with Windows 8) on my HP Probook 450 G1 using this guide. Everything else works perfectly except for Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter) and Card reader.

I'm just curious, can I use the same method to do clean install of Yosemite on the same Laptop? I read much about Clover and your recommendation to use it for HP Probooks but Unibeast method seems easier for me.

Thank you for your timely response.

Hello Rehabman!

I successfully installed Mavericks (dual boot with Windows 8) on my HP Probook 450 G1 using this guide. Everything else works perfectly except for Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter) and Card reader.

Not supported.

I'm just curious, can I use the same method to do clean install of Yosemite on the same Laptop? I read much about Clover and your recommendation to use it for HP Probooks but Unibeast method seems easier for me.

Thank you for your timely response.

Better guide at the top of this forum...

Hey guys,

I don't have OS X installed yet, but last time I had, I had a problems with headphones, audio was working fine but sometimes when I plugged headphones into laptop, the sound was still coming from speaker, I had to make my OS X sleep and after wake up, sound was coming from them. Does anyone have the same problem ? If yes did you fix it ? Thanks

Hey guys,

I don't have OS X installed yet, but last time I had, I had a problems with headphones, audio was working fine but sometimes when I plugged headphones into laptop, the sound was still coming from speaker, I had to make my OS X sleep and after wake up, sound was coming from them. Does anyone have the same problem ? If yes did you fix it ? Thanks

It is a known problem. The workaround you mention is "the fix". If someone was so inclined a solution with CodecCommander could probably be created. Requires skills/understanding of HDA spec and use of hda-verb and CodecCommander.

I would use CodecCommander. Not into using kexts which aren't open source.
Thank you so much, even one more question, I have got SSD and HDD in my laptop, is it possible to install OS X on SSD and Windows 10 on HDD and on startup in clover choose which one is supposed to start ? I am aksing becasue if there will be a clover on SSD, will it be able to detect Windows on the other hard drive ?

Thank you so much, even one more question, I have got SSD and HDD in my laptop, is it possible to install OS X on SSD and Windows 10 on HDD and on startup in clover choose which one is supposed to start ?

Yes.

I am aksing becasue if there will be a clover on SSD, will it be able to detect Windows on the other hard drive ?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back