AMD Radeon HD 6470M & HD3000M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !

I have a HP Pavilion g7-1255sf (product ref. : QH597EA), and succeed in installing Mavericks on it.

Currently, 1 of my 3 USB ports are working, WiFi is working, but graphics are annoying me.

Here are my specs :
Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.4 GHz
Chipset Intel HM65 Sandy Bridge
RAM : 4 Gb DDR3
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile (id: 116) & AMD Radeon HD 6470M (1 Gb)

Issue :
To boot in 1600*900, I must force it with the boot flag GraphicsMode. My Intel graphics card is detected, but with only 64mb, and no QE/CI acceleration. I wanna have QE/CI acceleration : I don't care if it's with Intel or AMD graphic card.

Solutions I tried :
- Install Chimera 2.2.1: didn't changed anything
- Trying some specific kexts for HD3000 : idem.
- Boot with IGPEnabler : idem.
- I'm using the MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBios profile : didn't changed anything

Another thing you should know :
- I can't disable the AMD graphics card in my BIOS (Insyde H2O F63)
- To install Mavericks, I needed to delete all the Intel graphics kexts from the USB installation disk.

Can someone help me ? :)

PS : Sorry for my english

Hi !

I have a HP Pavilion g7-1255sf (product ref. : QH597EA), and succeed in installing Mavericks on it.

Currently, 1 of my 3 USB ports are working, WiFi is working, but graphics are annoying me.

Here are my specs :
Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.4 GHz
Chipset Intel HM65 Sandy Bridge
RAM : 4 Gb DDR3
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile (id: 116) & AMD Radeon HD 6470M (1 Gb)

Issue :
To boot in 1600*900, I must force it with the boot flag GraphicsMode. My Intel graphics card is detected, but with only 64mb, and no QE/CI acceleration. I wanna have QE/CI acceleration : I don't care if it's with Intel or AMD graphic card.

Solutions I tried :
- Install Chimera 2.2.1: didn't changed anything
- Trying some specific kexts for HD3000 : idem.
- Boot with IGPEnabler : idem.
- I'm using the MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBios profile : didn't changed anything

Another thing you should know :
- I can't disable the AMD graphics card in my BIOS (Insyde H2O F63)
- To install Mavericks, I needed to delete all the Intel graphics kexts from the USB installation disk.

Can someone help me ? :)

PS : Sorry for my english

See this repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Use "HD3000 High Resolution" to patch your DSDT. Save your DSDT to /Extra/dsdt.aml format ACPI Machine Language Binary.
Make sure you're using MacBookPro8,1. Make sure you're booting with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No.

Thanks for the quick answer. ;)

But I haven't got any DSDT on my laptop, because I don't find any patch for my motherboard to create it. :-/

Is there an other solution ?

Thanks for the quick answer. ;)

But I haven't got any DSDT on my laptop, because I don't find any patch for my motherboard to create it. :-/

Is there an other solution ?

Patch your own. Run MaciASL and it will extract your system DSDT, and you can then follow up with patches.

Done ;) But I still haven't got QE/CI acceleration. :-/

And strange thing : when i re-open the DSDT after the reboot, the error I corrected ("Name already exists in scope (/TNOT)") before I saved the file, is still there.

Another strange thing : I cannot open the "System Report"in "About this Mac", because it opens me the login screen when I click on it.

PS : Yes, I've MacBook Pro 8,1 + IGPEnabler = No + GraphicsEnabler = No

Done ;) But I still haven't got QE/CI acceleration. :-/

And strange thing : when i re-open the DSDT after the reboot, the error I corrected ("Name already exists in scope (/TNOT)") before I saved the file, is still there.

Another strange thing : I cannot open the "System Report"in "About this Mac", because it opens me the login screen when I click on it.

PS : Yes, I've MacBook Pro 8,1 + IGPEnabler = No + GraphicsEnabler = No

Boot "-f", then...

Post your ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here is my ioreg ;)

Attachments

• iMac de Antoine.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
Here is my ioreg ;)

Your HD3000 drivers (eg. AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) are not present in /System/Library/Extensions. You must have deleted them. Restore them, rebuild cache, and try again.

You cannot expect HD3000 to work if you remove the drivers...

I feel so ashamed ^^
Thank you so much, it's now working with QE/CI acceleration, there is some artefacts sometimes but it's working, and that what's matters :)

Now I'm gonna make the USB working, 'cause it only works with -f boot flag.

Thank you so much ;)

I feel so ashamed ^^
Thank you so much, it's now working with QE/CI acceleration, there is some artefacts sometimes but it's working, and that what's matters :)

A couple of suggestions for glitches:
- make sure the DSDT you're using is your own and is patched from a recent extract
- do an EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart

Now I'm gonna make the USB working, 'cause it only works with -f boot flag.

Suggestions:
- rebuild kernel cache from DPCIManager
- take note of errors from kextcache and fix them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back