Contribute
Register

HP EliteBook 8770w Clover Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext.

It may not help, but it is worth a try...

Thank you RehabMan, I spent a few days troubleshooting the issue(s). I did remove it and was able to boot past it. Ive been troubleshooting the whole system and setup with nguyenmac on this thread : http://www.tonymacx86.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1017020

I have some more issues but was able to figure out how to get the system up and running almost 100%. I'll post my process soon if interested.

Spent a few weeks troubleshooting it. So far .... I can not boot with config.list PBI CE makes for me using the updated one nguyenmac made for the 8770w. I hangs in a strange place, I'd have to look again if you want to know. For PBI, I used the following options:
clover
8x70w amd/nvidia support kext
8470w config and DSDT
gen. SSDT
Elitebook logos
Color profile
HWMonitor
Toggle local time sync

However If I boot with the config.plist nguyenmac made/gave me; I can boot with nv_disable=1, but had to remove GPUSensors.kext (FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/GPUSensors.kext). Instructed by RehabMan.

Then when I install the nvidia web drivers for 10.10, I can boot with nvda_drv=1; Nvidia Quadro K3000m 2048mb is in the system report. It looks like graphics are working. Still need to test.

Issues so far: the dim / brightness buttons are not working
built in ethernet not working but show up
Sound of course, Voodoo works but no Volume adjustments.

Just an update, I was able to get the on board Ethernet card working with the config list from 8470p OSX 10.10 install flash drive I made but not with the config plist you gave me. Can't figure out the difference.

I updated to 10.10.3 but ..... If i update the nvidia web drivers.... it has a black screen. System looks loaded tho. If you nv_disable=1 then you can see the desktop. I set Nvidia to use OSX drivers and was able to boot with no flag. But not with nvda_drv=1 flag. However, then you end with a 256mb nvidia chip in the system profile. ??????????

So I reinstall 10.10 with 10.10 nvidia web driver then updated to 10.10.3 while not installing any updated web driver. Nvidia says it is now using OSX driver and system profile reads the 2gb of ram on the card. Sooo It fully working the same as 10.10

Also Last week installed the cuda drivers while trouble shooting the graphics card. They are still installed.

I have not set the screen resolution or updated the bios, since F42. Hp says the current is now F60. I'd have to look up how to set the screen res.

Display port to VGA works but not the built in VGA port. ??? Would like to fix.

If nguyenmac or rehab man could help me Finnish this up, I'd love to make a short guide on this or just log it here.

Hi,
I've been trying to get my HP Elitebook 8770w up and running with OS X 10.10
So far I've been able to get it up and running with the USB, this works flawlessly, it finds my graphics card and sound works and so on.
I used the probook installer with the install options for the 8x70p.
I have also installed windows on the same drive, windows 10 starts fine through the clover boot loader.
I'm kind of stuck with always booting with the usb, which is getting kind of annoying.
would someone be able to help me out with this?
Help is much appreciated ;)
I followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=143675

dear sir
can you mail me clover usb efi files
i have HP 8770W nvidia k4000M
but still now
i cant boot from usb install
thanks

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back