Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi Folks,

I have managed to install successfully MacOS Monterey 12.6.6 and install also HD4000 with metall and hardware acceleration. Wifi and BT are woking out of the box, only thing I cannot fix is the audio. Any tips?

Hi Folks,

I have managed to install successfully MacOS Monterey 12.6.6 and install also HD4000 with metall and hardware acceleration. Wifi and BT are woking out of the box, only thing I cannot fix is the audio. Any tips?
See the story from this post.

I did, that fixed the part with the graphics, but not the one with the sound. I reinstalled the OS meanwhile to Big Sur, still the same, all works (WiFi, Network, Graphics, etc) except sound
To get Audio working, just set AppleALC.kext in Kernel/Add and set layout-id in DeviceProperties/Add.
Please check if it works on Windows.

スクリーンショット 2023-05-31 13.13.35.png

To get Audio working, just set AppleALC.kext in Kernel/Add and set layout-id in DeviceProperties/Add.
Please check if it works on Windows.

View attachment 567229
Thx for the suggestion, I have tried that already, the audio kext is enabled. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue. Attaching my current config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.6 KB · Views: 31
Thx for the suggestion, I have tried that already, the audio kext is enabled. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue. Attaching my current config.plist
For Audio only
1. Delete DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
2. Modify NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->boot-args alcid=28 to alcid=11.
スクリーンショット 2023-06-02 7.03.55.png

For Audio only
1. Delete DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
2. Modify NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82->boot-args alcid=28 to alcid=11.
View attachment 567268
I did remove the PciRoot also tried aclid=11, reseted NVRAM at startup, did not make any difference. However Monterey is really slow and laggy after startup, on Big Sur it is quite snappy. Did the chagnes in the config.plist on Big Sur the same way, with the same result.

I did remove the PciRoot also tried aclid=11, reseted NVRAM at startup, did not make any difference. However Monterey is really slow and laggy after startup, on Big Sur it is quite snappy. Did the chagnes in the config.plist on Big Sur the same way, with the same result.
First, check if Audio works on Windows.

I don't own USDT and don't know how it works on a core i3, so using SSDTTime on Windows
Please run Dump DSDT,FixHPET,FakeEC,PlufinType and then attach the created Resolt Folder.

Hi Folks,

Mine worked again by changing alcid to 15.

Back