Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your DSDT, I noticed you used the EDID version. But the EDID appears to be the "example" EDID that I have in the patch. It is the EDID from my AUOv4 1080p panel common in some Lenovo computers, but I happened to have replaced my standard HP panel with it.

Do you have the same panel installed in your laptop? Note that using an incorrect EDID can result (rarely) in damage to your panel.

When using DSDT patches, make sure to use options only appropriate to your actual hardware. This is not a guessing game...

i used this EDID and i download it in this Thread :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...7-6xxx-mountain-lion-10-8-1-dv7-6180sl-5.html
subject is "HP DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (DV7-6180sl)" and its same to mine.

I did not see an EDID posted there, but you should be sure yours is the same (use MonInfo in Windows).

now i fix boot with cpus=1
when i boot without cpus=1 resolution 1366*768 but no trackpad and keyboard were detected !
Edit : after 10 minutes every things work fine.
every time i have to wait 10 minutes to enter login password ?

every thing just work perfectly .
keyboard and trackpad work right now . because bluetooth searching for keyboard and mouse bluetooth . turn off BT and boom :D
now i looking for best wifi card or usb .

For wifi, I like the Edimax Nano USB. It's tiny, so it's not in the way, and it has Mac drivers. It only costs about $10. Check Meritline.com to get one.

I have a DV7-6163US that I got running a couple years ago with lots of help from the people here, who are still on this same thread helping people. It is running Lion 10.7.5, and has been good for a long time. I am fine with keeping it on Lion, but my question is, is it possible to upgrade to Mavericks with this machine? Or should I just leave well enough alone? It looks like a lot of Probook people are on Mavericks, which makes me think I could do it, but my machine had some funny quirks that may make it difficult. If anyone knows about this branch of the DV7 family, let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back