Graphics
GeForce 9800 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HP 4530s built six months ago with latest Mavericks and Probook Installer. Has been working flawlessly. Thank you RehabMan and all the others who have contributed so much to this forum. Much appreciated.

Last week I wanted to play a movie from iTunes on an external monitor. All was good. Made the external monitor primary so that iTunes would natively play full screen there. Monitor was 1080p resolution.

Laptop overheated and crashed. No big deal. I have this happen with my windows 4530s all the time. Especially when it is simultaneously downloading the movie, as this was doing.

BUT... upon reboot, the 4530s loads normally, built in monitor shows all normal loading info, UNTIL I get to the log-in screen, whereby it dims and goes black. Same with Safe Mode. Same with all other boot flags. If I boot from the USB stick, monitor will come up. If I boot with the external monitor attached, log-in screen will appear there.

Things I have tried and have FAILED:

1) Boot with external monitor and changing monitor settings.
2) Plug and unplug external monitor after booting. (Built-in monitor will flash alive for a moment, then go black.)
3) Changing boot Flags.
4) Deleting and re-installing graphics Kexts.
5) Re-running ProBook Installer.
6) Complete Re-application of Mavericks installer + ProBook Installer.
7) Using a third external monitor. (It just shows grey wallpaper screen.)
8) Changing native monitor resolution with boot flags, etc.

There must be some switch that got thrown that just need to be switched back. Please help me figure out what that is.

Thank you in advance!

-Charles

HP 4530s built six months ago with latest Mavericks and Probook Installer. Has been working flawlessly. Thank you RehabMan and all the others who have contributed so much to this forum. Much appreciated.

Last week I wanted to play a movie from iTunes on an external monitor. All was good. Made the external monitor primary so that iTunes would natively play full screen there. Monitor was 1080p resolution.

Laptop overheated and crashed. No big deal. I have this happen with my windows 4530s all the time. Especially when it is simultaneously downloading the movie, as this was doing.

BUT... upon reboot, the 4530s loads normally, built in monitor shows all normal loading info, UNTIL I get to the log-in screen, whereby it dims and goes black. Same with Safe Mode. Same with all other boot flags. If I boot from the USB stick, monitor will come up. If I boot with the external monitor attached, log-in screen will appear there.

Things I have tried and have FAILED:

1) Boot with external monitor and changing monitor settings.
2) Plug and unplug external monitor after booting. (Built-in monitor will flash alive for a moment, then go black.)
3) Changing boot Flags.
4) Deleting and re-installing graphics Kexts.
5) Re-running ProBook Installer.
6) Complete Re-application of Mavericks installer + ProBook Installer.
7) Using a third external monitor. (It just shows grey wallpaper screen.)
8) Changing native monitor resolution with boot flags, etc.

There must be some switch that got thrown that just need to be switched back. Please help me figure out what that is.

Thank you in advance!

-Charles

Press your brightness up key.

What? No. Noooooo. Impossible. Too easy. I will try it right now...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

It worked! That was it. Hilarious the lengths that I went to try and fix it myself. Next time I will post to the forum sooner. But I am always worried that I'll be wasting others' time, when I could be fixing it myself.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Charles

What? No. Noooooo. Impossible. Too easy. I will try it right now...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

It worked! That was it. Hilarious the lengths that I went to try and fix it myself. Next time I will post to the forum sooner. But I am always worried that I'll be wasting others' time, when I could be fixing it myself.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Charles

Note: If your laptop overheated while only playing a video, you probably have something incorrect.

Make sure you followed the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back