Contribute
Register

How to upgrade Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to rerun the installer and reboot, making sure you install to the same partition that you are currently booting from.

Hi people.
Working with 3094 but 3113 is out now. How do I upgrade? Just click install? Do I need the same config as the original install?
Thanks
If 3094 is working well for you with no issues, why change? It is entirely possible (has happened) that the latest has some changes that will really mess things up for you. Hope you have a good bootable clone for backup and the original 3094 installer saved somewhere.

If 3094 is working well for you with no issues, why change? It is entirely possible (has happened) that the latest has some changes that will really mess things up for you. Hope you have a good bootable clone for backup and the original 3094 installer saved somewhere.

This is so true.
I tried to upgrade Clover and had nothing but problems.
Had to reload an older Clover version and all is back to normal.
Luckily I had saved an older version and had a bootable clone.
Be careful.

Len

Hi people.
Working with 3094 but 3113 is out now. How do I upgrade? Just click install? Do I need the same config as the original install?
Thanks

Upgrading Clover is as easy as running the installer. As a precaution, you should make sure to have current copies of your Clover config.plist (/EFI/Clover/config.plist) and patched DSDT and SSDT(s) (/EFI/Clover/APCI/patched) stored in another folder. Before rebooting after running the installer, check to make sure these files have not been deleted or changed.

-bth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back