Contribute
Register

How to update clover from the 4701 RehabMan version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@favoriti - I know this is not the problem you solved, but it may be related. I have installed Rehabman's r4701 on a USB and on my SSD (both Legacy in ESP), but I am unable to boot from either the USB or SSD. If I change to the "official" Clover R4961, I can boot both (USB and SSD). I am installing CLOVER Legacy booting. I am running the Clover installer (for Rehabman's version and the "official" version) in High Sierra 10.13.6.

Do you have any idea why I am unable to create a bootable device with Rehabman's CLOVER variant when the "official" R4961 works just fine for me? Thanks for any help - sorry to hijack your thread.

@favoriti - I know this is not the problem you solved, but it may be related. I have installed Rehabman's r4701 on a USB and on my SSD (both Legacy in ESP), but I am unable to boot from either the USB or SSD. If I change to the "official" Clover R4961, I can boot both (USB and SSD). I am installing CLOVER Legacy booting. I am running the Clover installer (for Rehabman's version and the "official" version) in High Sierra 10.13.6.

Do you have any idea why I am unable to create a bootable device with Rehabman's CLOVER variant when the "official" R4961 works just fine for me? Thanks for any help - sorry to hijack your thread.
because Rehabman's needs an update to work on latest Mojave

@Feartech - Thanks for the quick reply! For this issue, I'm doing all of my CLOVER installation and testing with High Sierra 10.13.6, not Mojave. Does this Mojave issue extend back to High Sierra 10.13.6, too?

Just to clarify, the boot problem I'm experiencing: when I use Rehabman's CLOVER r4701 to create a bootable USB or a bootable SSD (for legacy boot, not UEFI), the boot loader is not found and my laptop doesn't boot. If I install the "official" CLOVER r4961, both the USB and SSD boot normally (the SSD boots High Sierra 10.13.6 and the USB boots High Sierra 10.13.6 Installer).

Last edited:
@Feartech - Thanks for the quick reply! For this issue, I'm doing all of my CLOVER installation and testing with High Sierra 10.13.6, not Mojave. Does this Mojave issue extend back to High Sierra 10.13.6, too?

Just to clarify, the boot problem I'm experiencing: when I use Rehabman's CLOVER r4701 to create a bootable USB or a bootable SSD (for legacy boot, not UEFI), the boot loader is not found and my laptop doesn't boot. If I install the "official" CLOVER r4961, both the USB and SSD boot normally (the SSD boots High Sierra 10.13.6 and the USB boots High Sierra 10.13.6 Installer).

You can install Rehabman's clover to the drive then download and run the 4961 onto the same partition and it will keep all the settings and kexts. It will leave the 4701 version in EFI Backups on the main partition. ***Use RC Scripts.***
Note: This is for UEFI as I selected it, but you can use Legacy version.

Watch the video.

Attachments

• Clover video.zip
    66.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
@Gigamaxx and @Feartech - thank you both for your quick replies and sincere attempts to help. I really do appreciate it. It's my fault for "hijacking" a thread that was intended to solve a problem different from mine. Let me work on the issue I'm having with Rehabman's CLOVER variant to see if I can solve it or better state the problem in a new thread. Thank you.

@Gigamaxx and @Feartech - thank you both for your quick replies and sincere attempts to help. I really do appreciate it. It's my fault for "hijacking" a thread that was intended to solve a problem different from mine. Let me work on the issue I'm having with Rehabman's CLOVER variant to see if I can solve it or better state the problem in a new thread. Thank you.
i have moved your posts to High Sierra laptop support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back