CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using a DSDT that was a perfect match for my system. It was created by someone else, so I got lucky and don't really know what it took to pach the DSDT. Everything worked perfectly. I upgraded my Core2Duo CPU to a Xeon E5450 (quad core, socket 771 > 775 conversion) and had to add boot flag 'npci=0x3000' in order to boot.

Does my need to add the boot flag indicate that I need to patch my DSDT? If so, can I patch the current DSDT (for the Core2Duo CPU) or do I need to create a new DSDT and start from scratch? If I can start with the current DSDT, how do I patch it with MaciASL to reflect the CPU upgrade?

Thank you for any advice and assistance.

After reading multiple threads, it seemed that the best approach was to start fresh with a new DSDT (also good since I obtained the DSDT which was based on someone else's similar but not identical system). I extracted the DSDT using Clover F4, decompiled the DSDT/SSDT and fixed/patched the new DSDT with MacIASL. My system still requires boot flag 'npci=0x3000' in order to boot with working video. I'm running El Capitan on the Xeon E5450 without any problems. When patching the DSDT, I applied the ALC662 patch and still have VoodooHDA 2.8.7 kext installed. Sound works perfectly, but I may experiment with vanilla HDA kext to see if it works.

I don't think you need to patch DSDT. just create a new SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back