Motherboard
Intel HM76
CPU
Intel Core i7-3520M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
I've got an HP Probook that I've successfully installed Mac OSX Mavericks on the first partition and Windows 10 on the same HDD on the second partition. I can use a USB to boot into Mac, but without the USB, it wants to boot into Windows. It seems that Chimera and Chameleon didn't work for me. My guess is because I installed Windows after everything else. How can I change my boot options at startup? Thanks all!

I'm on the same boat as you, hopefully this thread will fix that

Hey there. I'm still working on this. The guide that was posted is for installing Mavericks with Clover. I already have Mavericks installed. What I am looking for is how to add boot options at startup without having to use a USB. Did I misunderstand the guide?

Thanks!

Hey there. I'm still working on this. The guide that was posted is for installing Mavericks with Clover. I already have Mavericks installed. What I am looking for is how to add boot options at startup without having to use a USB. Did I misunderstand the guide?

Thanks!

Pointed you a link to laptop install guide because this is desktop support forum. Whether it is mavericks or later OS X does not matter - they all install the same. Only difference with El Capitan is that, so far, Chameleon/Chimera will not boot it so you must use Clover as boot loader.
Laptops have problems that desktops do not. What boot options are you trying to add?
If it will not boot into Chimera after you run MultiBeast and install bootloader/networking/audio, you probably have a version of Boot0 error - there will be no indication of this with a SSD other than it will not boot Chimera but boots straight to Windows. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/65706-boot0-error-official-guide.html

If using Clover on your installed OS X, and you formatted the Windows partiton MSDOS FAT when you installed Windows, use the Legacy mode to install Clover. Clover EFI will not boot Windows legacy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back