Contribute
Register

How to display tools efi tools in OC picker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3090 i3 MFF
CPU
i3-10105T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My USB stick would display:

only if the SSD was disconnected.

The goal is to display these Options in the OC picker when booting from the SSDs EFI partition (i.e. the USB stick is disconnected from the PC).

That must be done to display the .efi options when booting from the SSD?

Assumption:
The tools you want to display are present in the /EFI/OC/Tools folder and have a corresponding entry enabling the tools in your config.plist.

Simply press the spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen or Picker List, and the tools should be made visible.

They are hidden by default in recent versions of OC, to keep the boot screen or picker list less cluttered.

@Edhawk Yes, the assumptions are correct. I was not successful with summoning tools via spacebar.

OC-Picker now shows the tools after setting the Tool's "Enabled" property to true:

screenshot-2021-07-12-at-20-43-51-png.524443

I can live with a cluttered menu, though it would be nice if though tools were placed on a second row.

I noticed that the picker is a set of icons and not a list of line items. The iconic picker is coined: OpenCanopy

If you set Booter > HideAuxillary > true to false in the config, then the tools will be shown on the boot screen on every boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back