Contribute
Register

How To: Clean 10.8 Install on ASRock Z77 Pro4 & Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom x86 PC
CPU
Intel Core i5-3450
Graphics
GTX260
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

so I gave the following setup a try:

* MB: ASRock Z77 Pro4
* CPU: Core i5-3450
* GPU: GTX260
and 4GB of RAM

I've followed the instructions on UniBeast to the book and the install turned out pretty flawless. The only thing you need to remember is to boot with the option "PCIRootUID=0", else the screen turns black after the Apple logo.

As for the audio-not-working problem that's been reported (e.g. here, but with Lion), I've used the latest version of MultiBeast (which is supposed to be for Lion) and ticked the following things:
* EasyBeast Install
* System Utilities (whole section)
* Audio -> ALC8xxHDA Legacy
* Audio -> AppleHDA Rollback
* Audio -> Non-DSDT HDAEnabler (whole section)

Important: It was pointed out to me by toledo that these choices would lead to audio failure, however in my setup they worked without a problem, so tick them at your own risk.

In addition, I've added the PCIRootUID option to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist under "Kernel Flags", so that the system boots without me having to type in that stuff.

HTH
int0xff

hi did u really get this to work because I have the same built except the gtx part and I tried everything and can get it to work but I haven't tried the 10.8

hey greg,

the video card threw me off for awhile. during my install i removed the video card. once i got the OS loaded and is stable, I added in <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string> to my list org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Power off plug in graphic card w/ monitor plug to video card. viola.

i would say play around with GraphicsEnabler on/off with your video card. Good Luck.

-b9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back