i5-9500
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

After a successful build using Catalina using Clover, i decided to move to Open Core and Monterey at the same time.
A followed dortania's guide and it went pretty smooth actually, taking a bit more than an hour to configure it all. The installation of Monterey went well and system is up and running.

I will be providing a guide with my build soon.

Anyways, the only problem i'm facing right now is with sound.
With the old build i didn't manage to get the sound working using AppleALC, so i went for the VoodooHDA solution. It's working perfectly since i can choose the port i'm using for audio output (front, rear, hdmi...). I use sound kit plugged in the back of the case, and when i want headphones i plug them in the front, and change output un system preferences.

Using Monterey, i manage to get audio working using AppleALC but the sound output is only with the case speaker (yes, there is a low end speaker inside the case). When i plug my headphones, the sound gets automatically to them, but in system preferences there is only one choice for audio output.

Since i do understand that voodooHDA isn't working with Monterey, how can i get the rear output of my case to work ? Or at least be able to choose between the two.

BTW i'm using Open Core 0.7.8 and Conexant CX20632 codecs and tried every layout (0x100100, layout 20, 23, 28), but only 23 and 28 are working.
I can get audio working using boot-arg, but at the moment, even when i specify the layout id in the device properties section of config.plist, audio is not working, so i kept both at the moment...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back