Graphics
MSI Radeon 6780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been running my setup with OS X 10.7.1 since 2011 and had the itch to upgrade to Yosemite. So, yesterday I did a fresh install using uni-beast and it went flawlessly. Everthing works right off the bat, even my internet connect. As if i had just only did an upgrade on my MacBook Pro and not a hackintosh.

So, my question is, since everything works flawlessly and i did not use multi-beast. How can i boot from hard drive without messing up what i currently have. Should i still run must-beast? what to install and not to install? Or should i leave it as is and just boot from my USB drive?

i7-870 2.93Ghz
Gigabyte P55a-ud3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB
MSI Radeon 6780

thanks.

you need to install a boot loader of course.:confused: without it you would not be able to boot from your hard drive. In multibeast, you can install the latest version of chimera. which will make you boot from hard drive. And I am surprised everything is working flawlessly:crazy: since you didn't use any kext for ethernet. Is your audio working too?

Yes, everything is working properly, even the audio was working before completing Yosemite install. At the prompt where it asked to choose which language, I had audio stating to choose a language and if i wanted to use the audio/voice option to install. It recognized everything, my BT keyboard, track pad, printer, etc. Did not have to install any kext. Didn't run Multi-beast at all.

So, I guess under Bootloaders, just install Chimera v4.1.0 and install? skipping the EasyBeast, UserDSDT, and DSDT Free, i assume.

using the boot loader is not working out for me. gave me an error. any suggestions?
only loading with the USB works, is there any drawback by using the USB as a boot loader?

You must run MultiBeast after the install. You have to install a FakeSMC at least and nullcpupowernanagement if you don't have a DSDT. Depending on your hardware there are a couple of kexts you must install through MultiBeast. Your audio kext, Ethernet kext, and a system definition these are the minimum. After that, if you wish to solve some issues like Internal HDD looking as external, adding Trim for a SSD you must choose the options in MultiBeast. So if you wish to boot from your hard drive the answer is yes you have to run MultiBeast. everything is explained in the guide10.10 installation guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back