Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've got High Sierra installed on my XPS 8300, and when booting via the USB it works great, I have graphics, ethernet, and USB. Working on Sound but I'm not really too concerned with that.

However, after running Multibeast post install (for Legacy mode, as I don't believe my mobo supports UEFI) I still cannot boot without the USB. I just get a blinking cursor when I try it.

I've tried solutions posted in the following threads to no avail:

and other threads I haven't found again yet. I'll add them to the post if I do.

I've attached two different versions of my config.plist. The first is the one that unibeast created for me on install. The second is a heavily modified one I used to get the install to work successfully and get to the point I could boot with the USB. Neither of them work for booting directly to the drive.

The hard drive is the only one attached to the machine, I saw that was an issue reported somewhere, but didn't help here.

I also verified that FakeSMC.kext is in the other folder on my hard drives EFI partition.

I also want to stress that I absolutely copied the EFI folder from my USB to the EFI partition on my hard drive as instructed in one of the above links. They were/are identical but still nothing.

I'm just about out of ideas here, could anyone help me out? I can take screenshots of anything anyone would like.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 48
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 44
However, after running Multibeast post install (for Legacy mode, as I don't believe my mobo supports UEFI) I still cannot boot without the USB.

I also want to stress that I absolutely copied the EFI folder from my USB to the EFI partition on my hard drive as instructed in one of the above links.

In Legacy mode Clover is installed to the /EFI folder on the system disk not the EFI partition.

I thought I was so dang clever... Alright, so I did a go to folder search for /EFI and found that I didn't in fact have that folder. So I copied the EFI folder from my USB to the system disk and confirm that I can now do a go to folder search and have a /EFI folder.

Still no luck booting however, same blinking cursor.

I notice in clover configurator that the EFI partition on my USB has a status of "Clover Boot Partition" while the EFI partition on my hard drive has no such status. I don't know if that means anything.

I've edited to attach a couple screenshots so you can see the status I was talking about, and where I placed my EFI folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.10.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.10.04 AM.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.11.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.11.07 AM.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 45
Still unable to get this working? Does anyone have any further ideas??

P1LGRIM, you say legacy mode is installed to the /EFI folder on the main hard drive. So if I didn't have a folder there, and instead see a separate partition, you're thinking I must have installed clover using UEFI instead of legacy??

Well I know that I selected the legacy option from both unibeast and multibeast when installing. However I'm not super well versed in the whole config.plist stuff, so I'm wondering if any settings in the plist file I changed to in order to get the installer to boot, might have told the installer to use UEFI or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back