Contribute
Register

High Sierra suddenly goes off

I think as a last resort I would start over as fresh install. Get as much info as you can.
I had this once on another OS using a WiFi usb stick. It would run just fine, but then out of the blue shutdown. I finaly got a Lan extension and used that. No more shutdowns.

I just changed the video card, for an RX 6600, I have noticed an improvement in performance, but the video still does not look correct, how do I enable the card in my system? thank you

I just changed the video card, for an RX 6600, I have noticed an improvement in performance, but the video still does not look correct, how do I enable the card in my system? thank you
normally just by adding boot argument:
agdpmod=pikera

I just did, installing Lilu and WhateverGreen in EFI/Clover/Kext/Others

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-07-24 a la(s) 11.13.10 a. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-07-24 a la(s) 11.13.10 a. m..png
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-07-24 a la(s) 11.13.28 a. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-07-24 a la(s) 11.13.28 a. m..png
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
I just uninstalled the Nvidia Driver, and set NvidiaWeb to false. I am going to update to Monterrey, but I would like to know if I can have the graphics card working correctly in high sierra, to make a backup of the files and browse for a few days, since I see a lot of interference in the video at the moment.

Thanks

I just uninstalled the Nvidia Driver, and set NvidiaWeb to false. I am going to update to Monterrey, but I would like to know if I can have the graphics card working correctly in high sierra, to make a backup of the files and browse for a few days, since I see a lot of interference in the video at the moment.

Thanks
no, you will need to use Monterey

Back