Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> High Sierra install on Z97x and 4790k. cpu backtrace, mach reboot error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have a hackintosh successfully running Sierra for years. Now I am trying to install High Sierra but it is halting with cpu backtrace and Mach reboot error. I tried a few solutions like, dropping tables MATS, DMAR, BGTR. But no use. Boot screen shows some issue with XNU stuff. I am attaching my config file, and the screenshots of boot process. Please let me know if there are any solutions. I have already spent a few days struggling with this.

Basic details.
High Sierra 10.13.6 full installer
unibeast 8.3.1

Intel 4790K
Gigabyte Z97x ud3 bk
Nvidia GTX970
32 gb Crucial
samsung 850evo ssd

Attachments

• scr jpg.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 53
Got it figured. I had to Change cpu fake ID from 0x0306c3 to 0x0306c0 . My cpu is haswell.
But Now it is stuck at install screen. Haha.

OK. i was stuck at "kextd appleACPIcpu 240s" issue. tried few things and it did not worked. Someone suggested to copy appleACPIplatform kext, but my working Sierra install has no such kext in extensions folder.

Then i tried to install Mojave and it worked ! The install went smoothly. One change is, i changed the first boot drive option in BIOS, to the usb installer. Probably this might have worked with high sierra install too. As of now i decided to stay with mojave and make it work ( waiting for nvidia drivers or exchange my card ).

And yes, nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back