Graphics
Asus GTX 770 DCIIOC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i would like to know how to hide partitions in the clover boatloader, because now i see all of them, but only 2 are bootable and how to make the win 8 drive the default.

In the EFI partition EFI/CLOVER i found config.plist and found this:

I'm not a programmer but i think it's where you select the default volume at boot. Now, the driver with win 8 is "SSD 1" and i don't remember naming the mac drive "MacHDD", so i don't know what i should type because i scared to mess it up.

<dict>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Fast</key>
<false/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>-1</string>

About hiding partitions, i know it should be possible, i found strings like that but had no idea how to put it together. The partitions i need to hide are named "SSD 2" (SSD 2 and Mavericks (where mac is installed) are on the same drive), "2TB Backup Disk" and "EFI".

Thanks!

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>WindowsHDD</string>
<string>HD(1,GPT,E223FF7F-F2DA-4DBB-B765- 756F2D95B0FE)</string>
</array>

So let's say I have to hide the "SSD 2" partition, i would write SSD 2 (i don't think there could be a space betweet SSD and 2) instead of WindowsHDD, and what do i write in the second field? or do i just need one string?

Just start testing to get the results your looking for.

Look at your Clover boot log to identify the drives you want to hide. Example:

Code:
<key>Hide</key>
        <array>
            <string>HD(1,GPT,7FC29437-9431-43A9-B08E-7FE8ADD35934,0x28,0x64000)</string>
            <string>HD(4,GPT,AA168ED0-900A-4723-8E07-C414BCC8295E,0x1A3BC5F0,0x3D14A0D8)</string>
            <string>HD(3,GPT,9B3AFD28-B0D3-4462-B0EA-5AB591E83E5A,0xDE5EC68,0x135F20)</string>

</array>

Hi, i would like to know how to hide partitions in the clover boatloader, because now i see all of them, but only 2 are bootable and how to make the win 8 drive the default.

In the EFI partition EFI/CLOVER i found config.plist and found this:

I'm not a programmer but i think it's where you select the default volume at boot. Now, the driver with win 8 is "SSD 1" and i don't remember naming the mac drive "MacHDD", so i don't know what i should type because i scared to mess it up.

<dict>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
<key>Fast</key>
<false/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>-1</string>

About hiding partitions, i know it should be possible, i found strings like that but had no idea how to put it together. The partitions i need to hide are named "SSD 2" (SSD 2 and Mavericks (where mac is installed) are on the same drive), "2TB Backup Disk" and "EFI".

Thanks!

Go back to your config.plist and look for Legacy. There are two entries, one is the one you have there with PBR under it, the other one should say True. Try changing that to False. Save and restart. I tried entering in all my partition entries and that is what did it for me to get rid of the last Windows partition, I think the recovery one. Just said Windows on EFI, and wouldnt boot just show blinking cursor. When you get to the Clover boot menu, you can right click an item and it will show you the ID for that partition like HD1 or HD2 with a bunch of numbers and letters after. But try changing the Legacy to False and see.

Please i need help to hide my partition in clover too. I can't currently determine which drive/HD is the correct one to boot into windows as clover gives them all a generic name (Legacy Boot Device) here is my disk util list

Last login: Sun Nov 2 07:29:17 on ttys000
Yos-iMac:~ Macintosh$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Microsoft Basic Data 127.8 GB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Yosemite 239.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2
0: GUID_partition_scheme *3.0 TB disk2
1: Microsoft Basic Data Gaming 1.2 TB disk2s1
2: Microsoft Basic Data Data 1.1 TB disk2s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Media 734.0 GB disk2s3
/dev/disk3
0: GUID_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk3
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS Backup 319.7 GB disk3s2
Yos-iMac:~ Macintosh$

I want to hide all but disk0 and disk1 for my windows 8 and yosemite boot. thank you. ill appreciate it if someone can wrote the code for me for config.plist off my disk util list. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back